Porsche Vehicle Tracking System?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Its poor and indifferent, but it is free at a basic level for a while then the subs start and the fee depends upon the level of service.

You have to activate it, the SE gives you log in info, you log in register, get a code, give code to SE, they activate. That is it.

It is not a system that you can readily chop and change, you might as well put a charged phone in a seat pocket and use the Find a Friend app
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Thanks for the info.
I don't really want to be paying a subscription of "only" £200 a year - unless it's offset by an insurance reduction.
I'll see what my insurers say. For now, I've just signed up to the complimentary 5 day drive away insurance :-)
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

If you're intent on having a tracker fitted check out these guys: www.trackersecurity.co.uk
I’ve recommended them before and use them for my commercial fleet, they’re brilliant.

They have a YouTube channel where you can see the effort they put in to recover vehicles: https://youtube.com/c/AutomatricsMtrack

You’ll find dozens of companies that will sell you a tracker, but the value is in the service they provide when you most need them.
I’ve found too many can’t ever decipher or are able to interrogate the signals received when trying to locate a vehicle.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver