Thinking of selling, suggestion of price?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Hi Gents

I picked up my MACAN the day we all went into the first Covid lockdown. Up until that point in time I was making lots of journeys to Heathrow Airport and carrying a lot of equipment. As you can imagine times have changed and I no longer require such a large car any more. Trying to work out a fair price to sell.

Macan S D, Carmine Red with Black leather interior
Registered May 2017, 2 owners from new including me
52,700 miles but will increase as used.
Porsche Warranty until May 2022
Full Porsche Service history
Just had brakes done (Front disks and pads, rear pads)
gearbox service was done at 40K as required
Next service in one month (Oil service, I will sort)
MOT - will be 12 months

Just over 10.6k of options:-

CODE DESCRIPTION PRICE INC VAT
QJ4 Gloss Black Window Trim £138
QR1 Compass on dashboard £219
V95 21" Classic Wheels £3,116
7UG Navigation System £1,052
7X8 Park Assist with Camera £332
1BH PASM Active Suspension £785
1G1 18" Space Saver Spare Wheel £155
2ZH Heated Steering Wheel £182
3J7 Porsche crest on front headrests £138
3S5 Black roof rails £219
4A3 Heated Front Seats £284
Leather Package £1,052
OP6 Black Sports Exhaust Trim £527
1NP Wheel Caps with Porsche Logo £110
Carmine red Paint £1,611
AAT Porsche logo/model in black £289
Carplay (retrofit by Porsche) £430

TOTAL £10,639

The car right now has two tiny dents in the passenger door. Apart from a few stone chips that's it.

The car does not have Xenon or Porsche LED fitted but I have upgraded the halogen bulbs with very high-quality LED's which are as good, if not better, than the Porsche OE system. These can be removed in a few minutes if needed.

Any suggestion on Price?

_DSC4806_edited_edited.jpg

_DSC4792_edited_edited.jpg

2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

As been said many times on the forum, check out. Cazoo, WBAC, Motorway etc which should give you a bottom line, is always worth giving the OPC a stab at it as well. Good luck.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Private sales on autotrader, ignoring the chancers asking silly money, would suggest ca £35k given the mileage etc
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I sold my 66 plate SD in November for £41k, however, it only had 27k miles, 11 months warranty and £24k of extras. But I did advertise privately at £42k and not one single enquiry, maybe too near Christmas, I don’t know. My local OPC offered £32k telling me that was all it was worth, WBAC, Cazoo, Wizzle and Motorway were all £35k to £38k, Wizzle being the highest.

I’d say try them all and see what offers come back, in the meantime maybe stick it on eBay classifieds for £38k and try your luck. The prices are crazy at present.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Thanks all. WBAC are offering about £29K which I think is too low in the current market. I was hoping for about £32K.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Ti Rich wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 am Thanks all. WBAC are offering about £29K which I think is too low in the current market. I was hoping for about £32K.
WBAC's business model is to buy vehicles to put into BCA ( their owner) auctions. So their prices need to be below what dealers are prepared to pay. In general, logically those sites Motorway, Wizzle etc that give you prices from a dealer action should produce more in most cases
Last edited by pmg on Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Generally I'd suggest looking at similar vehicles to yours that are for sale and price according to those. If you don't like the prices the companies are offering, keep it, if you really want to sell it, accept the offer.
We could tell you its worth 10k more, but if nobody wants to pay it there's unfortunately nothing you can do.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Ti Rich wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 am Thanks all. WBAC are offering about £29K which I think is too low in the current market. I was hoping for about £32K.
WBAC won't factor in the extras, they value based on standard model spec - i dare say they factor in a little bit for the questions they ask, ie pano roof, leather, nav, headlights, but thats as much for them having saleable cars as it is buying for more

You'd do better with Motorway; carmine red and the lack of pano roof and headlight upgrade might keep the buyers away though - not much you can do about those, the car is was it is.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Percymon wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:32 pm
WBAC won't factor in the extras, they value based on standard model spec - i dare say they factor in a little bit for the questions they ask, ie pano roof, leather, nav, headlights, but thats as much for them having saleable cars as it is buying for more

You'd do better with Motorway; carmine red and the lack of pano roof and headlight upgrade might keep the buyers away though - not much you can do about those, the car is was it is.
Whats wrong with Carmine red?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

For some reason Red is not an easy colour to sell. Had loads of folk say my RS6 was amazing, but they couldn't own a red car :?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)