Speed Limit Indicator

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:30 pm I found it useful on my last Macan, it’s one of the few things I don’t have on the current Macan and I will retro fit it after my 111 point warranty inspection.
It doesn’t just do speed signs, you get the occasional road sign, especially the ‘no overtaking’ sign. I found it particularly good on the M25 where it reads the overhead gantry variable speed limit signs, and it’s more or less instant once you pass the gantry. I doubt Google does that?

Don't think Google does that, but your eyes should do!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Didn't have it on my Gen2, and missed it. Glad I have it on Gen3, as limit's more visible, more of the time.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Have it in ours and like it.

In France it will pick up the difference in autoroute speed limits by showing the lower limit needed in wet weather because the windscreen wipers are on
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

And the good news is that if you did not spec it on delivery, you can retrofit it in about 5 minutes with the Kufatec dongle (€188).

We're had ours for 2 years and it's completely brilliant and performs like the "real one" - probably is!

Macan went in for 111-point check and it was not mentioned at all. You remove the dongle after installation which takes moments.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I had the dongle for my last Macan and the OPC removed the program when it was serviced. So you have to keep the dongle and reinstall.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:45 pm What if any value does this add? Does it justify the £££?
Sometimes Google fails to have the same speed limit as on the road signs but it's very rare.

To quote drgav2005:
"I’d drop speed limit indicator. This shows up in the sat nav screen anyway (certainly in google maps) so a quick glance and you’ll know what the limit is on any unfamiliar roads."

This seems reasonable but where does the optioned Indicator show and does it compromise anything else?

Can somebody with experience offer their wisdom? Thanks.
The optional speed limiter shows up in the bottom right of the MFD. If, like me, you have four items indicating on the MFD it partially obscures the bottom one. In my case, the bottom indication is battery voltage and the reading after the decimal point is obscured (not a big problem). If you're using the Porsche sat nav then speed limits are not normally indicated so this option is a useful one for not much money. It picks up temporary speed restrictions but is occasionally fooled if a speed limit sign is obscured.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:25 pm
Madelvic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:31 pm Pic in my Gen 1. It obscures other info as does the Adaptive Cruise
Thanks, Madelvic that's a useful insight, not sure how it sits with the Good to Know page but presumably that shows an extreme and unlikely example. Demo may be required methinks....
When you scroll through the options in the MFD, if you have the speed limit indicator there is a page devoted to it. That's what is showing in the "Good To Know" illustration. Madelvic's post shows where it sits on the base MFD screen. If I remember correctly, "no overtaking" indications show in the same place as cruise control.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm inclined to stick with it. Having to look left for the speed limit on the nav screen is occasionally irksome and alegedly I'm too grumpy already. Thanks all.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Does nobody notice the road signs? You know, the BIG round ones and then the smaller repeater ones?

Perhaps the highways agency need to make bigger road signs so owners don't have to pay for the optional extra? :geek: Or is it better to have it so it helps bump you to the top of the "average cost of options" thread? :D
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:35 am Does nobody notice the road signs? You know, the BIG round ones and then the smaller repeater ones?

Perhaps the highways agency need to make bigger road signs so owners don't have to pay for the optional extra? :geek: Or is it better to have it so it helps bump you to the top of the "average cost of options" thread? :D
Is this a good time for me to bring up ACC for the safety factor again….. :lol:
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S