Post by PorscheMack »

My noise is no way as pronounced as video but it's just as annoying 😡
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

Macando

Post by Macando »

I’ve had this same issue, again not as pronounced as the one in the video but I agree it’s hard to ignore once you notice it. My S is 2 weeks old just and I’ve been putting up with it a week already.

Would love to know if anyone manages to diagnose this. I’m booking in to OPC on Monday.
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

Macando wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:19 pm I’ve had this same issue, again not as pronounced as the one in the video but I agree it’s hard to ignore once you notice it. My S is 2 weeks old just and I’ve been putting up with it a week already.

Would love to know if anyone manages to diagnose this. I’m booking in to OPC on Monday.
I had the same issue, which after a visit to the OPC, was rectified at the first attempt. I was told it was to do with the lubrication/greasing of some bearings. Exactly which ones I can’t remember. I was just relieved they had sorted it. My S was about a month old when it started. Annoying but now fixes.
I have air suspension.
I hope you have a similar result. 😊
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Yes. Mine had it. It was fixed, and then came back mildly, so is going back in a few weeks.

I'll see if I can get something more specific from the OPC but I saw the technician replicate it when the car was stationary by (am pretty sure) pressing on / moving the rear corner bumper in the area where it rises to meet the lights. Think he managed it with boot open and closed.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Did anyone here get the noise fixed? The reason for asking is that it came back on mine so is at the OPC now.

They now think it's coming from the roof. I don't believe that, and instead think it's coming from where they originally found it near the boot - and that they just need to perform a better fix.

But has anyone here had the same noise sorted on their car? Thanks.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

Wotsits wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:44 am Interesting - I have exactly the same noise as in that video, although not quite as bad. I'll keep an eye on it, I was hoping it might just be a squeak as the car is still only a week old - it'll be annoying if it needs to go back to the dealer for repair!
Having had my Gen 3 Macan S 3 months now I'm hearing this creaky sound but not as pronounced as in the video. I'm hoping it'll go after driving it more but doesn't sound like it. I also don't want the car at an OPC this soon! Anyone heard of the noise just going away?
Macan S (Crayon) Gen III Ordered in January 2022

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ259Q4
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Sorry, I haven't visited this site for ages so didn't see the replies.

Mine was sorted by the dealer, it was one of the exhaust heat guards catching on the steering rack when turning that caused the cracking sound. Very simple fix, but they said it was a bit of a pain to get to in order to adjust. It hasn't come back since so I'm 100% sure that's what it was, the noise on mine was most pronounced in the front wheel wells and sounded like it was coming from the steering rack/suspension.