Annoying noise on low speed

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

hamiG wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:25 pm Hi,

I have a new Macan (10 month ish) about 3000 miles so far. It's been 3-4 months that there is an annoying noise coming from inside and I can't seem to be able to spot it. It feel liks it's coming from the frame. It's on low speeds on bends/corners/bumps if you go over slowly. You can't ignore the noise once you hear it and it's doing my head. Has anybody had a similar issue on the car? It's something like this:

Booked in to be checked so I can update you all in case anyone interested.

Cheers
Hi hamiG.

Thank you for posting the noise. I have the same noise on my 4-week old Gen III S. I have it booked it on 16th March for attention. I’ll update how I get on. Maybe we can compare notes and hope we can get them sorted!

John

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Look forward to hearing the verdicts. That’s 2 Gen 3s now so has to be of concern. First time I watched the video today. That would drive me insane.
Macan S MY 2023
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Update - So I dropped the car at Porsche Centre West London. The technicain sat with me and we drove for 5 mins for him to see what I am talking about since explaining the noise and where it is coming from wasn't easy. I left the car there for 2 days and they did a great job fixing it. So he said it might have been coming from anything loose on the chassis which they tightened what they could. Also I didn't quite get what it was but something to do with trims at right and left. I asked for the report but he said we don't normally give it but will keep in the system. If anyone wants I can call them and get the exact report, just drop me a line.

Really happy the noise is gone, was driving me mad.

And yeah, it wasn't my wife's ear ring or neighbour's cat :D
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

It would be great to know exactly what they did.
Macan S MY 2023
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

hamiG wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 am Update - So I dropped the car at Porsche Centre West London. The technicain sat with me and we drove for 5 mins for him to see what I am talking about since explaining the noise and where it is coming from wasn't easy. I left the car there for 2 days and they did a great job fixing it. So he said it might have been coming from anything loose on the chassis which they tightened what they could. Also I didn't quite get what it was but something to do with trims at right and left. I asked for the report but he said we don't normally give it but will keep in the system. If anyone wants I can call them and get the exact report, just drop me a line.

Hi hamiG

Great to hear it was fixed. I have the same noise and the car booked in for 16th. I would be interested to read the report etc. I’m not convinced it’s a trim thing or even something loose as I don't get the noise every time I drive it (but most of the time). I’d prefer it to be present all the time. I’m now concerned that it may not be present when I take it in, however I have your recording to demonstrate to them and I will try to record mine, too.

I’ll be up for comparing ‘reports’ when I get mine back.

John
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Hi jharrower, mine was always there specially when cold although I havent been driving around a lot. and that youtube recording isn't mine, I found it in other forums but the noise was quite similar.

If not fixed let me know and I'll see if I can get the report for you to pass it on to the Porsche team. I dont check this forum regularly so you might need to be patient if asking me here.

All the best
Hamid
jharrower wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:38 pm
hamiG wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 am Update - So I dropped the car at Porsche Centre West London. The technicain sat with me and we drove for 5 mins for him to see what I am talking about since explaining the noise and where it is coming from wasn't easy. I left the car there for 2 days and they did a great job fixing it. So he said it might have been coming from anything loose on the chassis which they tightened what they could. Also I didn't quite get what it was but something to do with trims at right and left. I asked for the report but he said we don't normally give it but will keep in the system. If anyone wants I can call them and get the exact report, just drop me a line.

Hi hamiG

Great to hear it was fixed. I have the same noise and the car booked in for 16th. I would be interested to read the report etc. I’m not convinced it’s a trim thing or even something loose as I don't get the noise every time I drive it (but most of the time). I’d prefer it to be present all the time. I’m now concerned that it may not be present when I take it in, however I have your recording to demonstrate to them and I will try to record mine, too.

John
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Hi hamiG

John
Was this sorted out?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Hi hamiG

John
Was this sorted out?
Hi!

It was sorted last week, and having had it back there is still a rare repetition of a similar noise. I’m in two minds whether to let it go. I’ll need to see how frequent the noise happens snd to what extent.

I was told it was something to do with a lack of lubrication between two parts of the suspension setup. I an not wholly technically minded so stopped really listening after I was told it had been sorted.

Now….if only they had fixed the mechanical ‘clunk’ that I hear when in Park, engine running, and take my foot off the brake pedal. That has only recently manifested itself and I asked for it to be sorted at the same time as the original noise. The Base loan car had the same ‘clunk’!! Anyone else got it?
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

I'm interested as my car has an annoying squeak/thudding noise coming from the boot area when travelling over rough surfaces. I've taken everything out of the boot but it's still there. I'm convinced it's trim related as when the boot has anything heavy eg luggage, shopping loaded the noise isn't audible. I'm trying to sort it myself as I'm don't want it stuck at the dealership for days...
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Interesting - I have exactly the same noise as in that video, although not quite as bad. I'll keep an eye on it, I was hoping it might just be a squeak as the car is still only a week old - it'll be annoying if it needs to go back to the dealer for repair!