Intelligent Speed Assist

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

So there’s lots in the news about the possibility of new cars having these systems forced into them potentially imminently with features such as causing reduced engine power etc etc

If this was to actually happen how would any prestige sports car company ever survive? If Porsche were to start installing systems that specifically reduce the cars performance and physically restrict their speed who on earth would ever buy one. I’d be cancelling my order tomorrow if my car had to be delivered with this :cry:
Macan S MY 2023

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Get used to it. It is the future....................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I think emphasis will move towards acceleration if top speed is restricted. 0-125kph in under 3.0 secs will become a standard for any decent sports car.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Not for me. I’ll just exhaust the low mileage used car market until there’s none left ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It will happen and in time it will get far worst from a petrol heads POV.

Self driving vehicles will become the norm so they will tootle along at the posted speed limit and will accelerate at a Miss Daisy rate so as to provide a serene environment to the passengers.

Hence nobody will have the need for a road going sub 3 second 0-60 mph car.

Because all the vehicles will be driven by a computer with AI the safety devices and design will not be needed in the form they are today, net result will be that the vehicle weights will reduce, less materials will be needed in their manufacture, wear and tear on roads will reduce, the environmental impact of car ownership will reduce markedly.

I’m depressed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Don't worry Col, we'll be able to swerve this abomination for the time we have left..................
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

This is why anybody contemplating getting a 911 (other brands are available!) needs to do it now while you can enjoy it still !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
TK421

Post by TK421 »

You seen the cars in Cuba? Think our generation will be ok, the last petrol heads on the island. I’ll
Simply regress back to my youth and rat rod something if I have to. Let’s face it as long as you can over 125miles range the EV police ain’t gonna catch you 😂 keep your chins up ain’t over yet.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I foresee clever folks finding a way of circumventing such devices.

Plus, I'm starting to think we've peaked in terms of the era of 'best' cars. They are getting heavier, bigger, (wider in particular) and way too complicated. Electric cars less and less 'float my boat'. I've just inherited a 2010 Panda that cost less than a Macan headlamp and it is a hoot to drive.
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:03 am Don't worry Col, we'll be able to swerve this abomination for the time we have left..................
That’s for sure.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags