Traffic Jam assist

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

What was Traffic Jam assist and can you still get it? Also, did the extended lighting package in gen 2 (not available anymore) have footwell lights or was it just the vanity mirrors and puddle lights etc?

Cheers

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I am a bit unsure of what you are asking!

Traffic Jam Assist?

It is part of the Connect + system where real time traffic is integrated with the Sat Nav to present the optimum route. It is a subscription service once the free period has expired, the amount is dependent upon the gen of the Macan.

This is what Porsche says:-

With Navigation Plus, you will always find the fastest route to your destination – thanks to real-time traffic information. In this way, you and your Porsche can respond to live traffic conditions at all times. You will easily get all the latest online information, including route updates, traffic updates and tailback information, directly in your Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system. With all of this at your disposal, an enjoyable trip is guaranteed.

Using your Porsche ID, your destinations are synchronised with the PCM and the My Porsche app.
You also have access to real-time traffic data, with current traffic conditions depicted in five different colours, so you will always know what’s happening on the roads. In addition, you will get online map updates based on your location and destination, as well as all available satellite maps.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I think traffic jam assist is an additional component to the auto cruise control. It will set the car moving again after a complete stop in heavy traffic without the need to press the accelerator.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:44 am I think traffic jam assist is an additional component to the auto cruise control. It will set the car moving again after a complete stop in heavy traffic without the need to press the accelerator.

Yes, and I believe it also steers automatically to keep the car in its lane.

I don’t think it’s currently available on the Macan.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Makanik wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:47 am
Jon A wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:44 am I think traffic jam assist is an additional component to the auto cruise control. It will set the car moving again after a complete stop in heavy traffic without the need to press the accelerator.

Yes, and I believe it also steers automatically to keep the car in its lane.

I don’t think it’s currently available on the Macan.
If I recall correctly, it still required some sort of prompt (reset on the column wand or touching the accelerator to set the car moving from a complete stand. It would steer the car up to 37kph. The option disappeared with the 2021MY.

My 2020MY GTS has footwell lights and puddle lights plus illuminated mirrors. I optioned the comfort lighting package but can't remember which bits are standard and which come as part of the option.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:41 am I am a bit unsure of what you are asking!

Traffic Jam Assist?

It is part of the Connect + system where real time traffic is integrated with the Sat Nav to present the optimum route. It is a subscription service once the free period has expired, the amount is dependent upon the gen of the Macan.

This is what Porsche says:-

With Navigation Plus, you will always find the fastest route to your destination – thanks to real-time traffic information. In this way, you and your Porsche can respond to live traffic conditions at all times. You will easily get all the latest online information, including route updates, traffic updates and tailback information, directly in your Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system. With all of this at your disposal, an enjoyable trip is guaranteed.

Using your Porsche ID, your destinations are synchronised with the PCM and the My Porsche app.
You also have access to real-time traffic data, with current traffic conditions depicted in five different colours, so you will always know what’s happening on the roads. In addition, you will get online map updates based on your location and destination, as well as all available satellite maps.
That is wrong., Col

Traffic Jam Assist (which I have) was an extension of adaptive cruise control which added steering in traffic jams to the adaptive speed control , stop /start process of ACC by following cameras following the car in front. It was meant to be a slow speed version of lane keep assist and included LKA with it as it used the same cameras. However, it did not work very well which I think explains why it was on offer for only a short time for 2019 Gen2 builds. It did not cost very much above ACC and LKA about £100 from memory
Last edited by pmg on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
pmg

Post by pmg »

No, you still need to press the accelerator or touch the Acc lever even with TJA to get the car moving again. Traffic jam assist in theory added low speed steering control to follow the car in front. of the earlier replies On Track is nearest but I think it disappeared as an option well before MY21
Last edited by pmg on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Ahh interesting. I didn't think is was available anymore but recalled it in previous playing with the configurator. Shows how long I have been thinking about a Macan!

So the comfort lighting (as I am informed it was called) used to light up the footwells - shame its no longer available as i think the replacement, which is standard, does not light up the footwells and that is a nice touch.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

pmg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:05 am
No, you still need to press the accelerator or touch the Acc lever even with TJA to get the car moving again. Traffic jam assist in theory added low speed steering control to follow the car in front. of the earlier replies On Track is nearest but I think it disappeared as an option well before MY21
Ah got you. I had it in a previous Merc and you needed to steer but it would set off automatically when car in front did without prompt. It was quite relaxing actually in a motorway jam.
If Porsche version didn’t do this it sounds pretty pointless.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:58 am
pmg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:05 am
Ah got you. I had it in a previous Merc and you needed to steer but it would set off automatically when car in front did without prompt. It was quite relaxing actually in a motorway jam.
If Porsche version didn’t do this it sounds pretty pointless.
I suspect Porsche did the low speed version the way they did as TJA could be used in towns and there could be a pedestrian about to step off the pavement to the side of view the front camera picks up. hence sensible asking for a driver trigger.

I think you specked ACC so you have not been in a motorway jam yet ???!!! ;) ;) ;)