Post collection survey

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Volcano

Post by Volcano »

So the long wait was finally over and I visited my OPC for collection of my brand new GTS.
The spotlights were in and the cloth is pulled off to reveal a car that was far from gleaming and on opening the driver’s door I find grit all over the floor mat. The salesman excused himself and came back with a cloth to polish some of the wax still on the car panels. Not exactly as I had imagined!!

So a week or so later I received a survey and I was honest with my feedback. Also mentioned that their so called “Porsche Pro” had advised me totally incorrect on what to do with my tracker when leaving a car at an airport. Thankfully the car was not stolen as it would have been an interesting conversation. Also the fact that the salesman had tried to get me to tick the option to delete the air suspension as this was a better option for ride quality!

I then have the sales manager ringing me. No real apology but did say it was not up to their standards. He also understood why I had said I would not buy another car from them. There was no trying to persuade me otherwise. Again far from impressed.

Then I get another email from Porsche UK asking if I was now pleased. The options were either “yes” or “no”. I said “no”.

Now that was 3 weeks ago and not heard a word since.

I love the car but from my experience (second Macan) can’t believe how they have treated me on both occasions. It’s a mix between arrogance and incompetence.

Has anyone else had reason to answer “no” to the follow up email and if so did you get any further communication?

Thanks

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

I left my survey too late to complete and emailed Porsche U.K. with my comments….

The arrogance is not just suffered by you. I had the same and to be honest it felt like I was buying a fiesta from start to collection and really felt like I was more a hindrance than a possible loyal customer!

It was a bit of an anticlimax but I do enjoy the car itself.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

All sounds too familiar. In 2019 I gave Sheffield a 4 for "purchase experience" or something like it. Sales Manager straight on the phone basically saying all my issues were beyond the dealership's control and shouldn't have been reflected in my answer to that question. If so the questionnaire needed revising! I don't recall a follow up email from HQ though. I was much happier with the experience second time around even though the wait was twice as long, having lower expectations probably helped!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Those surveys mean a lot financially to the dealership so they are regarding as very important. I also had reason to not give too marks on a survey and had the Dealer Principal on the phone very quickly. Wouldn’t say it was the most useful call as they really don’t take criticism on board and the call is clearly so they can tell Head Office they responded. So in a way it’s a waste of time but the survey scores do count so always best to be honest. And of course if they deserve top marks then give them that in the reply.
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

When it comes to Services, MOTs and winter wheel swaps I've always had a good experience at my OPC, and when asked to compete a Porsche survey answered honestly. However the dealer was in a flat spin the they got all top marks except for "was I happy with the work completed" and I gave 0/10... they had fitted another customers winter wheels and tyres to my car! It was obvious they got a roasting from HQ when they called me to arrange fitting the correct set.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

I bought a 6 year old Macan Turbo from Reading OPC for £40K, picked up about 6 weeks ago. It must be right at the bottom of the price range of cars they sell and yet with one exception, the collection experience from a service point of view was the best I have had.

The fly in the ointment was that they only discovered the Turbo software update was required just before handover. They would not let me take the car without the update, so I had about an extra hour of hanging around.

On the survey I scored everything highly except for one question I marked down due to the delay.

So far I’ve had no follow up.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

EngineerMK, Wonder who else were using your wheels?
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I'm yet to have my handover experience, as the wait for the AMP starts !!

However, my buying experience has been awful. Which I will mention in any survey I receive.

OK, the delays have nothing to do with the dealership, but the first salesman I had was a joke. Great on ordering, but talked me out of a few options I've since now added back in.

But getting my address wrong. Taking 2 months to arrange a test drive which was meant to be just a couple weeks. Having to chance my Silverstone experience up (due to incorrect address) and general lack of updates. Not what I was expecting at all.

Luckily that salesman left (or was pushed) and the new salesman I've been dealing with has been far better. Updates have been few and far between, but I guess he can only update me once the system does.

I'm hoping to receive a very good handover experience. If it's just sat outside, like you would expect from Ford, then I'll be incredibly disappointed. Fingers crossed.
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:49 am I'm yet to have my handover experience, as the wait for the AMP starts !!

However, my buying experience has been awful. Which I will mention in any survey I receive.

OK, the delays have nothing to do with the dealership, but the first salesman I had was a joke. Great on ordering, but talked me out of a few options I've since now added back in.

But getting my address wrong. Taking 2 months to arrange a test drive which was meant to be just a couple weeks. Having to chance my Silverstone experience up (due to incorrect address) and general lack of updates. Not what I was expecting at all.

Luckily that salesman left (or was pushed) and the new salesman I've been dealing with has been far better. Updates have been few and far between, but I guess he can only update me once the system does.

I'm hoping to receive a very good handover experience. If it's just sat outside, like you would expect from Ford, then I'll be incredibly disappointed. Fingers crossed.
That happened to me when collecting my first 718 Cayman. I was only twenty and collecting my first “luxury car” so it was a huge milestone moment for me. Couldn’t even sleep in the days leading up to handover as I was that excited… then drove up to the OPC and there was my brand new car right in from me, sitting in the rain in the customer car park! Luckily, my OPC know how disappointed I was and have been absolutely stellar ever since, so I’ve gone on to buy two more cars from them and the service and handover experiences have been 10 out of 10.

Normal handover etiquette is your car indoors in a handover bay or sectioned off area of the showroom under a sheet ready for the big reveal, then going through the controls of the car. Also you’ll get a gift of some sort. It’s a good experience when it’s done right!
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
crockers

Post by crockers »

No complaints from me about my handover at Dick Lovett Swindon