Selling my Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

AllanG wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:44 pm I sold my previous Macan S to Prestige Performance Yorkshire, and can thoroughly recommend them 👍
Ditto.

Ntense

Post by Ntense »

Just macan wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:49 pm 2019 (April)
2L
BTW carwow valuation is far better than motorway….
Many thx
Same here, sold mine through Carwow last week, easy transaction, dealer collected next day. WBAC had been fluctuating a lot. The market has softened over the last 6 months I think
2japs

Post by 2japs »

I think a lot depends on what stock they have, been checking for my S3 and WBAC beat Motorway, local company beat both, yet they didn’t want my brothers BMW convertible, recommended to my mate who was selling his evoque , offered 2k more than trade in for a X3 at BMW dealer, then dealer matched local company, so in the end my pal got 2k more with trade in, he didn’t even buy me a pint!
I think you have to try several companies and settle who you are comfortable with.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I sold my X3 M40i through Carwow.

£4000 more than WBAC, and £2000 more than an independent dealer was offering.

Really good experience, and no numpty from WBAC looking for anything and everything to knock money off
shauntkv

Post by shauntkv »

I would recommend Carwow sold 2 vehicle to them with higher price compare to wbac and motorway.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I used Motorway, would use them again.
Thought Carwow and Motorway were owned by the same company?
I'd just choose who's going to give you the most money. Good luck with the sale.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

I think you need to be a little cautious of the various buying companies out there. You can 'sell' your car unseen for a so called agreed price and then the purchaser comes to collect and knocks the price down as a result of them ' finding ' problems.

We used Sell Car who work a little more in your favour.

You book an appointment with their valuer, who comes to view the car, gives you his best estimate of the value and passes on his findings to his office. The office then offers the car to the trade with the valuer and you on the other end of the phone. You hopefully agree a price and the 'office' has the money in your bank account within the hour. The valuer remains until the transaction is completed.

We found this process reasonably stress free and the ' head office ' sales person did appear to get us the best possible deal.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

boreas7 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:43 pm I think you need to be a little cautious of the various buying companies out there. You can 'sell' your car unseen for a so called agreed price and then the purchaser comes to collect and knocks the price down as a result of them ' finding ' problems.

We used Sell Car who work a little more in your favour.

You book an appointment with their valuer, who comes to view the car, gives you his best estimate of the value and passes on his findings to his office. The office then offers the car to the trade with the valuer and you on the other end of the phone. You hopefully agree a price and the 'office' has the money in your bank account within the hour. The valuer remains until the transaction is completed.

We found this process reasonably stress free and the ' head office ' sales person did appear to get us the best possible deal.
They'll only knock down the price if you haven't been honest to start with. Your best bet is to be honest upfront.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

AllanG wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:44 pm I sold my previous Macan S to Prestige Performance Yorkshire, and can thoroughly recommend them 👍
They won't touch it if it ain't got a sunroof and I suspect the 2L will put them off too. Try We Buy Any Car, v quick and costs nowt to get a price.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

I recently (2 days ago) got a quote to sell my 9 month old Macan S just as a matter of interest.
Motorway quoted £52000, Carwow was £52495. The car has done 7000 miles ish. I think I paid £67000 last July!
Neither company has seen pictures although the Carwow quote said it was estimated and didn't take into account extras or condition.
Considering OPC's are selling Macans not dissimilar to mine for £68K+, the mark up is greedy to say the least. I realise Motorway/Carwow need to make money too so this is probably the reason. OPC's may be a better bet, if i decided to part with mine. May ask my OPC for a value next week when my S goes in for its recall.