Apart from driving it ……..

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Plyphon wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:09 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:45 pm Those wheels ^^^^^ are snug to the curb!!
Haha - I’ve gotten quite good with the surround view cameras!

Deffo an essential option, surround view commonly known as wheel protection from the wife🤣🤣 only joking, from my wife!!!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

AndyC160 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:05 pm Can't stand washing cars but when I do I do get a good feeling standing back and thinking sod that for another six months. 😉
I find cleaning the car very relaxing and there's nothing like standing back and thinking " please don't rain for a few days" .
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:51 am
AndyC160 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:05 pm Can't stand washing cars but when I do I do get a good feeling standing back and thinking sod that for another six months. 😉
I find cleaning the car very relaxing and there's nothing like standing back and thinking " please don't rain for a few days" .
Agree completely and I find it very satisfying especially knowing it’s been done properly rather than with someone’s old dish water.

Only draw back is you get to see any marks or chips that you know weren’t there last time you washed it :(
Macan S MY 2023
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Skyway wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:09 am
Agree completely and I find it very satisfying especially knowing it’s been done properly rather than with someone’s old dish water.

Only draw back is you get to see any marks or chips that you know weren’t there last time you washed it :(
Over the last decades, when the body of some cars were manufactured from sardine tins, when washing them regularly, any new small stone chips that were discovered, could be treated before that little tiny spot, became an almighty rusty scab
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Skyway wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:09 am

I've had White cars for the past seven years and the biggest problem is that the myriad black tar spots stand out like sore thumbs.You can turn a blind eye for the odd wash but it's usually out with the tar remover for an hour or so. I'm past 70 now and have never taken a car through a car wash or paid someone to wash my car, best job of the week and very relaxing.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Got to say, I find washing the car quite meditative - I enjoy looking after nice things!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94