Green Mould

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I noticed a little on my car window the other say, where it goes up/down, I was waiting to tackle it when I next wash it.
Is it okay to just wash off - or should I use a product?

Vix

Post by Vix »

andreas wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:31 pm
Vix wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:56 am Going slightly off topic, but are any of those products safe to use on a GRP boat which has an algae problem? Thanks.
Yes, any of the products mentioned will be OK on GRP. On my boat, I use a pressure washer (very gently) to get rid of any green on the deck, especially good for anti-slip areas. I use Boracol on my sprayhood and the teak cockpit table.
Many thanks. I do jet wash but the algae gets into places like window seals, I never manage to get it all out and it gets worse year on year. Wet and Forget it is!
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - On order http://www.porsche-code.com/PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Any supermarket mould remover spray will kill it

Check out this product https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... _pdp_share
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
andreas

Post by andreas »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:30 pm Any supermarket mould remover spray will kill it

Check out this product https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... _pdp_share
All these supermarket mould removers are basically just diluted bleach in a fancy bottle. For effective longer-term control, you need something containing benzalkonium chloride, such as the products previously mentioned in this thread. I favour Boracol, as I've used it with great results on my boats for over 20 years.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Been doing some garden maintenance and decided to check my pano roof drains, once again nice too see 4 puddles of water on the driveway, however I did notice a small line of algae on the front seal of the roof, easily delt with.
I have previously had some on the window seals, which are more awkward. North facing driveway and awful NE weather to blame. 😗
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
andreas

Post by andreas »

2japs wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:21 pm Been doing some garden maintenance and decided to check my pano roof drains, once again nice too see 4 puddles of water on the driveway, however I did notice a small line of algae on the front seal of the roof, easily delt with.
I have previously had some on the window seals, which are more awkward. North facing driveway and awful NE weather to blame. 😗
I use Boracol on a small brush to get rid of green growth on window seals. Not noticed green on the pano roof seals - do you lubricate them?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

andreas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:55 pm
2japs wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:21 pm Been doing some garden maintenance and decided to check my pano roof drains, once again nice too see 4 puddles of water on the driveway, however I did notice a small line of algae on the front seal of the roof, easily delt with.
I use Boracol on a small brush to get rid of green growth on window seals. Not noticed green on the pano roof seals - do you lubricate them?
It’s the hard seal attached to the roof which I clean regularly, this is the first time it’s had any algae on it, not a huge amount but I was quite surprised,the soft rubber seals are lubricated.
Is the Boracol easy to get hold of ?
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
andreas

Post by andreas »

2japs wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:36 pm
Is the Boracol easy to get hold of ?
Yes, Google for "Boracol 5RH". I normally buy direct from ACS. I use it on my boat, and also on teak garden furniture.