My Porsche mobile app battery usage

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BMacan

Post by BMacan »

New to the forum etc., but a couple of months ago bought a new Macan T. It's ok, but I'm not blown away by it. However, I find the My Porsche mobile app really poor - patchy operation at best and absolutely eats the battery on my iPhone, even when the app isn't running (and I've background refresh turned off as well). Anyone else get this - is it a known thing?

andreas

Post by andreas »

BMacan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:42 pm New to the forum etc., but a couple of months ago bought a new Macan T. It's ok, but I'm not blown away by it. However, I find the My Porsche mobile app really poor - patchy operation at best and absolutely eats the battery on my iPhone, even when the app isn't running (and I've background refresh turned off as well). Anyone else get this - is it a known thing?
Porsche software is very poor - they perhaps use the same IT consultants as the NHS...
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

No issue here with battery usage and the MyPorsche app. What phone are you using? I'm on iOS.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

No problem with battery drain from the MyPorsche App using a Samsung S22 Plus. The App works fine for me, except and with an ongoing issue of sending a route from App to PCM.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver