Purchase of warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Seaniebhoy

Post by Seaniebhoy »

In preparation for the potential sale of my 2018 GTS I have considered the purchase of 12 months warranty, excluding breakdown cover, from an OPC at the cost of £840. However, I have been offered an 18 month policy by Motoreasy for £801, albeit same has an excess of £50 per claim.

It appears both policies are insurance based so the Motoreasy one seems the better option.

I know the forum has a wealth of information and experience. What are your thoughts please?

Many thanks.

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I took out a Motoreasy warranty out on my old X3 M40i.

They were far cheaper than BMW, and confirmed the warranty was like for like.

However, because you are selling, I'd spend the additional £49 so you can then advertise it with a Porsche warranty.

However again. If you intend to sell to Carwow (or similar) then I wouldn't even bother.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Seaniebhoy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:52 pm

It appears both policies are insurance based so the Motoreasy one seems the better option.
Look very carefully at the terms and conditions. You may find that the Motoreasy policy has a max labour rate of £60 an hour, which won't buy you an especially qualified repairer.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Seaniebhoy

Post by Seaniebhoy »

Thanks andreas, excellent advice.