Race Tex Steering Wheels

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I have an alcantara wheel on my Cayenne. The day I drove out of the showroom I regretted that option choice but now I love it. It has a lovely feel to it and, although it’s also heated, I don’t need to use that feature much since it has an inherent warmth to it. How it wears long term though is yet to be seen.

223AE50A-9D5C-4B66-A3B5-BBF2AE1CAB1A.jpeg

Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I have to say I’m with Nick Murray on this, I think it’s a horrific material to use in a premium car. Presumably used originally in racing to provide more grip on the wheel (fair enough) but it’s basically plastic and is Gods gift to grime and bacteria!
I think it’s an “Emperor’s got no clothes” scenario, the big premium sports brands tell us it’s a next level product straight out of motor racing, and we buy into it as such…
Other opinions are available. 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

How many on here have cleaned their leather steering wheel and seen how dirty it actually is?

I agree that alcantara/ racetex does require a little more attention than leather, but people think their leather steering wheel is clean when it's actually pretty dirty.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Had one on an AUdi. Didn't like it. Kept having to clean it. Good stuff, cleaned up really well but prefer bakelite (only joshing with you - leather every time BUT clean it regulary too)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Standard on the V8 Defender and so far I like it. Time will tell re cleaning and durability but it’s warm in winter, cool in summer and is comfortable to use and grippy at the same time.

Strangely I find my wedding ring marks smooth leather wheels if I’m not careful…..
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
homerdog

Post by homerdog »