Gen 2 turbo or GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
aj13

Post by aj13 »

33000 miles is nothing.
Buy and spec and condition, rather than mileage (unless it's stellar) IMO.

Whatever you decide, bet you can't wait

porscherap

Post by porscherap »

RVO wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:37 am
Wing Commander wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:51 pm
porscherap wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:13 pm

Don't think I'd be worried about the mileage. Remember we've had COVID, plus a lot of people worked more from home, so mileage since 2020 has been affected and in turn reduced annual mileage.
RVO, were you concerned that 33k miles was maybe too high or too little? I read your post to say that you thought it might be high? I’d be surprised if you are concerned that 33k miles is too low...?! :?
I was worried it was too high, as the others I’ve been looking as had around 20,000.

I guess it’s because I’m coming out of a macan that’s a year old, with 6,000 miles on the clock, that’s it’s made me think, the turbo is nearly 4 years old, and has a lot more miles on it, but it is also a lot more car!
Ahhh OK, I read your comment as concern for mileage being lower than it should be (@ 10k p.a.).
Robin.
2017 Macan S Diesel.
Happiness should be a place called Porsche...
RVO

Post by RVO »

porscherap wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:39 am
RVO wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:37 am
Wing Commander wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:51 pm

RVO, were you concerned that 33k miles was maybe too high or too little? I read your post to say that you thought it might be high? I’d be surprised if you are concerned that 33k miles is too low...?! :?
I was worried it was too high, as the others I’ve been looking as had around 20,000.

I guess it’s because I’m coming out of a macan that’s a year old, with 6,000 miles on the clock, that’s it’s made me think, the turbo is nearly 4 years old, and has a lot more miles on it, but it is also a lot more car!
Ahhh OK, I read your comment as concern for mileage being lower than it should be (@ 10k p.a.).
Yeah, sorry, I’ve not been overly clear so far!
Current - Gen 2 Macan Turbo, GLA45 AMG
Previous - Gen 3 Macan, Audi A6, 335i coupe , 330ci coupe
RVO

Post by RVO »

The turbo I’m looking at will be due the 4 year service in November, any ideas how much that’ll be, I know dependant on each dealer, I’m on the south coast, so my bet is it won’t be cheap! Especially as I believe it includes the PDK oil change.
aj13

Post by aj13 »

2 year is minor.
4 year assume is major.

Is PDK and spark plugs not at 40000 miles, but depends on what mileage you do so maybe due in Nov along with the major.

I don't know costs, but not going to be cheap.

Is car in OPC network.
Make it part of deal....ask for service to be done prior purchase.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Plus brake fluid change. Not to be missed.

They will want to charge you for Air Con service and drain tube cleaning....unless you say no.

I suggest you get quotes from 2 or 3 OPCs and then challenge the one you want to use to match the lowest price. As you're on the south coast get a quote from Porsche, Bournemouth (based in Ferndown) as they are usually very competitive.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
RVO

Post by RVO »

SAC1 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:41 pm Plus brake fluid change. Not to be missed.

They will want to charge you for Air Con service and drain tube cleaning....unless you say no.

I suggest you get quotes from 2 or 3 OPCs and then challenge the one you want to use to match the lowest price. As you're on the south coast get a quote from Porsche, Bournemouth (based in Ferndown) as they are usually very competitive.
Thank you Steve, that’s really helpful, good to know that Bournemouth are competitive as they are my local OPC.
RVO

Post by RVO »

aj13 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:02 pm 2 year is minor.
4 year assume is major.

Is PDK and spark plugs not at 40000 miles, but depends on what mileage you do so maybe due in Nov along with the major.

I don't know costs, but not going to be cheap.

Is car in OPC network.
Make it part of deal....ask for service to be done prior purchase.
I tried that, but I’d already managed to get a bit of a deal so they weren’t entertaining anything further.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

At 33k the brakes will be due very soon if they haven’t been changed already. That’s a large bill as they discs tend to wear as much as the pads, and all will need changing. I’m guessing £1200?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
RVO

Post by RVO »

Kleynie wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:22 pm At 33k the brakes will be due very soon if they haven’t been changed already. That’s a large bill as they discs tend to wear as much as the pads, and all will need changing. I’m guessing £1200?
They’ve said the tyres are nearly new and the brakes have plenty of life left.

It’s got the surface coated brakes so I bet they won’t be cheap, do they last longer than normal brakes or is it just the lack of dust which is the main feature?