Initial thoughts and some pics of the S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
crockers

Post by crockers »

Jon A wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:22 pm Problem is, few will criticise what they have invested in - those with 8w say best thing ever, those with 14w same and so on.
Would be interesting to hear what people specced and paid for that they wouldn’t again?
For me, I specced carbon interior with the pebble extended - it’s nice but I think the standard gloss black looks even better with pebble….
I think you ought to start a new thread on that. It could prove very interesting. I have some to add.

I wouldn't say the 8 way GTS seats are the best ever, but I would say they're very supportive and comfortable.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

crockers wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:45 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:22 pm Problem is, few will criticise what they have invested in - those with 8w say best thing ever, those with 14w same and so on.
Would be interesting to hear what people specced and paid for that they wouldn’t again?
For me, I specced carbon interior with the pebble extended - it’s nice but I think the standard gloss black looks even better with pebble….
I think you ought to start a new thread on that. It could prove very interesting. I have some to add.

I wouldn't say the 8 way GTS seats are the best ever, but I would say they're very supportive and comfortable.

Could be two threads:

What did you spec and now regret/wouldn’t spec again?

What do you wish that you had specced?

Although I’m sure that similar threads have been started over the last 7-8 years. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I have tried all three seat designs on extended test drives plus three times at PEC half days and DEFINITELY prefer the 8-way GTS.

Couldn't agree more about the gloss black interior trim. Both my Macans had / have it.
Last edited by SAC1 on Thu May 04, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

I would delete the Pano roof and dark windows if I could amend my spec
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

SAC1 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:01 pm
I have tried all three seat designs on extended test drives plus three times at PEC half days and DEFINITELY prefer the 8-way GTS.

Couldn't agree more about the gloss black interior trim. Both my Macans had / have it.
Assume the 8 way on the S are not the same as the 8way on the GTS? Not locked spec yet and not sure how what way to go.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Woodhouse wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:22 pm
SAC1 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:01 pm

Assume the 8 way on the S are not the same as the 8way on the GTS? Not locked spec yet and not sure how what way to go.
No, but they are both excellent. I have had both.

Best if you can get extended test drives in each of the 3 x seat version to see what suits you best. Even if it means going to more than one OPC. Seat comfort matters.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

On my cancelled T order I specced the18 way seats mainly because I liked the look and found them to be very comfortable, once you were in. The Macan that I actually bought has the 14 way seats which are just as comfortable and much more forgiving laterally, but easier to get in and out of. I wouldn't consider either of the 8 way seats as I consider the lumbar support a must have, especially on a long journey.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I had no issue with the comfort of the 18s, they were just really hard to get in and out of and damage to the side bolsters is inevitable. The 14s are similar to the 18s but just more forgiving in every way. ;)
Macan S MY 2023
crockers

Post by crockers »

It's great one has a choice.
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

So I think the extended leather option is a must, it feels very premium and hardly and plastic to be found. In fact I wish I had gone for leather grab handles and sun visors, but had to stop somewhere :lol:

It would be worth going to a dealer and listening to standard audio setup as I think it would be fine for most people.

On the seats, I test drove the 18 way seats but found the bolster much higher than the 14 way which almost felt you had to climb over them (as Skyway says above). Don't get me wrong, they are great seats, I just thought for a daily driver the 14 way would be more practical.

I really didn't want the sun roof, I know people say it's for resale etc, but I think I'd have a queue of people for this car if I ever sold it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Finally got the seating position sorted, it was set low but I had the tilt wrong. So adjusted that and slightly extended the front bit out and it seems good now.
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52