Initial thoughts and some pics of the S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

I am struggling to choose either extended leather trim or Bose for the GTS order... still have a month or so before locking spec.

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

CKMAC wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:21 am I am struggling to choose either extended leather trim or Bose for the GTS order... still have a month or so before locking spec.
I have Bose in my Macan , sound is excellent, but I haven't heard the standard setup. I also have the extended leather which is very nice. If I had to choose between the two it would be extended leather without a doubt.
Last edited by Scooby_Doo on Thu May 04, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I’m sure the extended leather is nice but if you choose the standard leather option, full seats, dashboard, door handles and centre console then the interior is a very nice place. I have this plus Bose and wouldn’t swop it ;)
Macan S MY 2023
softsand

Post by softsand »

Better value in the leather upgrade. Something you see every day.

If you feel the stereo is inadequate, you can always update that later but I expect once you tweak the settings you may find it’s actually better than you expect.
2022 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN22I7J6 with 21” Sport Classic wheels in Satin Platinum
The Outlaw

Post by The Outlaw »

Love the black and red but I’m biased…….😉

I’ve the Bordeaux seat belts also and must be the best spec item I’ve put on my current car and regretting not getting the dials.
Totally agree with the Bose point, I had same thoughts but don’t regret not having it.
Sport chrono start up is a must🤣
Interesting you didn’t get the roof. It’s a must imo for resale and desirability and you can always close the blind to get the closed in sports car feel
2018 Base Black
2021 GTS Crayon
2022 GTS Black
CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

The Outlaw wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:14 pm Love the black and red but I’m biased…….😉

I’ve the Bordeaux seat belts also and must be the best spec item I’ve put on my current car and regretting not getting the dials.
Totally agree with the Bose point, I had same thoughts but don’t regret not having it.
Interesting you didn’t get the roof. It’s a must imo for resale and desirability and you can always close the blind to get the closed in sports car feel
Yes, I do spec the pano roof. The other decision is whether to go for 14 or 18 ways seat ...
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I have the 14 way seats that are amazingly comfortable, are still bucket style and I can actually get in and out of them which I found awkward with the 18s
Macan S MY 2023
crockers

Post by crockers »

CKMAC wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:39 pm
The Outlaw wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:14 pm Love the black and red but I’m biased…….😉

Yes, I do spec the pano roof. The other decision is whether to go for 14 or 18 ways seat ...
I like the 8 way GTS seats. I’d save the money and put it towards the extended leather or Bose.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

crockers wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:34 pm
CKMAC wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:39 pm

I like the 8 way GTS seats. I’d save the money and put it towards the extended leather or Bose.
Have to agree on the 8-way GTS seats and with the Race Tex centres and arm rests.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Problem is, few will criticise what they have invested in - those with 8w say best thing ever, those with 14w same and so on.
Would be interesting to hear what people specced and paid for that they wouldn’t again?
For me, I specced carbon interior with the pebble extended - it’s nice but I think the standard gloss black looks even better with pebble….
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0