What did you spec and now regret/wouldn’t spec again? What do you wish that you had specced?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

I don't think I regret any of the options I chose, maybe time will tell.... Some of them are questionable on price though. For example the red 'Macan S' on the side blades I thought would be painted on, but it's literally a £180 sticker. I mean, it looks great and I wouldn't change it, but seems expensive for a sticker!

If I redid the spec again I'd probably add a couple of extra leather bits inside, I think the leather really makes the car feel special. Probably wouldn't need all the options but visors and grab handles maybe.

Might have opted for seat ventilation too, but not sure it's really needed in UK climate.

The spare wheel gets a lot of talk on this forum! I haven't specced it and hope I never need it, but you get 3 years porsche road side assistance for free anyway, so that'll cover that off and I've gained a bit big of storage space in the boot!

On a 'Money no object' spec I prob would throw in the Burmester, because, why not! But don't regret not having the audio upgraded. Standard setup is good enough.

And I would also add the ceramic brakes on a money no object spec just so they didn't get as dirty :lol:
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52

Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

Regrets:
I would not ,on balance, spec the pano roof and dark glass again
Should have specced the heated steering wheel.

Otherwise pleased with my balance of cost v options
Tow bar is great for my MTB bike rack and useful to deploy in roadside parking spaces!
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Just depends on how long you intend to keep it, if a keeper have all you can afford.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Not that I've taken delivery yet, but things I'd wished I'd ticked.

Acoustic Glass
3D camera
Adaptive cruise control.

But you have to stop somewhere with the options list. But yeah, maybe I should have added them.
SC85

Post by SC85 »

Interesting question, I was deposit down but after the price hike cancelled the new and bought used approved. So spec changed a bit.

Things I hadn’t ordered but now have:
- air suspension, amazing! Flat cornering but super comfy.
- PTV plus. I have no idea if this is any good or not/when it is working. Corners fantastically however, far better than a small suv should.
- race tex wheel, gear knob and centre armrest. Actually really like the soft touch. Was going to retrim to leather.
- 21 inch wheels. Really fill the arches and with air are not too rough.
- ventilated seats. Have never had them before but absolutely love them. I run warm as a person but they are just so good for getting out of the car feeling fresh after a long journey.

Thinks I had specced but now don’t have:
- sports chrono. I have to push several buttons to tighten chassis, drop air and engage sport mode, rather than one. I don’t have sports plus but feel no need for this beyond what have. Probably wouldn’t spec this in future on anything other than a 911/boxster, as don’t feel need anymore sportiness than have and would spec the air instead.
- race tex roof. The normal roof feels a little cheap in comparison.
- PDLS plus. Would have liked the auto high beam and going to try and recode.
- black roof rails, window trim and exhaust pipes. On the dark blue, not sure I need these and whether they would have perhaps made it look a bit more gangster. Some colours do need it, however.
- don’t have extended leather. Would be nice to have on the dash, but it hasn’t changed world without - seats are full leather on the surfaces given 18 way and ventilated.

In the round, I saved 8k and am super happy with the car.
2022 Macan S - Night Blue
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Mine's now 7 years old and 105,000 miles in. I do tend to keep my cars for ever so I splashed to £20k on options on an SD when I bought it.

There wasn't much I didn't tick on the configurator for that outlay so there's nothing I wish I had specced.

The one thing I regret speccing though is the pano roof. I know I may be in a party of one here but i've never used it(apart from venting the car on hot days outside my office window). I don't want a bright cabin, it adds weight and I only specced it because the SE says it was a "must". Oh, and the drains blocked and flooded the footwell.

Never again.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Things I specced I love:
- Heated GT steering wheel
- ACC
- Surround view
- Speed sign recognition
- PTV plus

Things I specced I dislike:
- Wireless charger - it's crap, and now I just use a cable.

Things I wish I specced:
- Extended GTS leather interior - admittedly I thought the standard GTS interior had a touch more leather, it's not a deal breaker - doesn't bother me when driving, but it would have been added lux. Everyone has a budget, though - and I really wanted PTV+ and the towbar.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
SC85

Post by SC85 »

BigPhil wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:35 am Mine's now 7 years old and 105,000 miles in. I do tend to keep my cars for ever so I splashed to £20k on options on an SD when I bought it.

There wasn't much I didn't tick on the configurator for that outlay so there's nothing I wish I had specced.

The one thing I regret speccing though is the pano roof. I know I may be in a party of one here but i've never used it(apart from venting the car on hot days outside my office window). I don't want a bright cabin, it adds weight and I only specced it because the SE says it was a "must". Oh, and the drains blocked and flooded the footwell.

Never again.
I didn’t go for the pano roof for two reasons:

- have had enough bad experiences with flooded convertible porkers in the past.
- wanted to be able to sit in the back/friends same height be able to sit in the back. I’m only 6’1 but the pano means I can’t.

Had to search high and low to find one without from a dealer when I switched to second hand!
2022 Macan S - Night Blue
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:37 am
FirstSeaLord wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:17 pm - Not speccing steering column surround in leather
There were so many individual leather items on the option list, I didn’t spec any beyond the normal extended leather. So this intrigued me - is it the one additional leather item you’ll actually notice or did you spec most of them and miss the steering column?
I got the extended leather but didn't then go adding any other pieces. The column surround is relatively inexpensive vs other options and is right in your line of sight when in driving seat though. Dealer suggested I get it, and I ignored him - then after spec freeze sat in a car with it, and could see the point. It was one the definite things I specced on my 911 as a result
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

Simple for me:

Regret speccing…
1. LKA - don’t use it enough to justify the cost
2. Self-Steering Park Nonsense - never even touched this feature, basically paid £245 for an extra light on the centre console

Regret not speccing…
1. Tow bar/roof rails - love to go biking and without these options I can’t really take my bikes anywhere (my current bike rack is made for saloon cars)
2. A bloody spare wheel!
Now: 2022 Macan S
Previous: BMW 320i, C class