What did you spec and now regret/wouldn’t spec again? What do you wish that you had specced?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jon A wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:59 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:14 pm
Jon A wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:18 pm Blocked drains seem to be the talking point but surely water shouldn’t have ingressed into the cartridge in the first place?
Are “blocked drains” the problem or is it more to do with a failure of the sunroof seals??
A fair question, but as I’ve said before, if you cut a big hole in a metal roof keeping water out will always be a problem. It’s quite an engineering challenge to achieve repeatable water tightness in a moveable section of roof, hence the need for drains. Depending on the environment in which the car spends its life the drains will need cleaning at intervals. We will always get the “I’ve owned many cars with sun roofs and never had a problem” but an example of one doesn’t prove it won’t happen to others and experience on here shows that to be the case.
Completely agree Nick, was just pointing out that if you have wet carpets because of a blocked drain, your main problem is actually a failed seal?
No, what I'm saying is that the sun roof is not designed to be completely water tight and that the drains are there to take expected water away safely. There is a small amount of adjustment possible to centralise the moving panel within the aperture in order to minimise water leakage past the seals, but it's rare that this is necessary. The drains taking water away is normal operation.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:57 am
Jon A wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:59 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:14 pm
A fair question, but as I’ve said before, if you cut a big hole in a metal roof keeping water out will always be a problem. It’s quite an engineering challenge to achieve repeatable water tightness in a moveable section of roof, hence the need for drains. Depending on the environment in which the car spends its life the drains will need cleaning at intervals. We will always get the “I’ve owned many cars with sun roofs and never had a problem” but an example of one doesn’t prove it won’t happen to others and experience on here shows that to be the case.
Completely agree Nick, was just pointing out that if you have wet carpets because of a blocked drain, your main problem is actually a failed seal?
No, what I'm saying is that the sun roof is not designed to be completely water tight and that the drains are there to take expected water away safely. There is a small amount of adjustment possible to centralise the moving panel within the aperture in order to minimise water leakage past the seals, but it's rare that this is necessary. The drains taking water away is normal operation.
Thanks Nick, best explanation yet 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

I regret the wireless charger. My phone (in a case) doesn’t fit so it’s as much use as a chocolate teapot.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:53 pm I regret the wireless charger. My phone (in a case) doesn’t fit so it’s as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Would be the same for me, leather case on my I phone. Post price increase cars it’s erm…. Free😬😬
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

2japs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:12 pm
crockers wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:53 pm I regret the wireless charger. My phone (in a case) doesn’t fit so it’s as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Would be the same for me, leather case on my I phone. Post price increase cars it’s erm…. Free😬😬
The cynic in me might suggest that Porsche thinking goes something like...

"buyers seem to have rumbled that the wireless charger is rubbish and are not ordering them, so let's fit them as standard and bump the price up accordingly"
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Old Chimer wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:49 pm
2japs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:12 pm
The cynic in me might suggest that Porsche thinking goes something like...

"buyers seem to have rumbled that the wireless charger is rubbish and are not ordering them, so let's fit them as standard and bump the price up accordingly"
If I remember correctly it was previously an £185 option, so probably cost Porsche tuppence at cost 😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
New User

Post by New User »

Regrets...I've had a few.

Not speccing the bit of leather that goes over the dashboard clock. Also when I am in the mood I do wish I had a bit more more low bass from the Standard Audio which probably would have been fixed with the subwoofer in the Bose. The Standard Audio is otherwise excellent.

Satin Platinum GT wheels no longer offered for the S by the time I locked mine down.

A pretty small list thanks to the good advice available on here.

Things that I wasn't sure were vfm but absolutely love having now: Air, Extended Leather with some differentiated stitching, Thermal/Acoustic Insulated Glass.
crockers

Post by crockers »

I thought about the laminated glass all round but thought it might be a dangerous thing as laminated glass can’t be smashed by a life hammer.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

My 2p
Don’t regret it but we had a panoramic roof on our 1st GTS and I wouldnt spec it again.
We hardly ever removed the internal sun blind and had an annoying noise when using a roof box.
Ordered noise insulating glass and no panoramic on 2nd GTS and it so much quieter and I will spec again on new GTS (July Build).
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Haven’t heard from you for a while, Hedgehog! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018