What did you spec and now regret/wouldn’t spec again? What do you wish that you had specced?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Similar to a couple of others, bought a used Gen3 S. Picked a car with what we’re none negotiable for me.

Surround view
Panoramic roof
Leather
Air
Heated s/wheel- happens to be a GT one
Steering Plus
14way seats but have 18way

Has lots of other nice bits

Would of liked
Spare wheel
75litre tank

Take it or leave it
Red dials
Comfort access

Found useful or nice
Speed limit indicator
Bose
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

No regrets for me. Apparently nobody will want to buy it when I (if ever) I decide to sell it, as it has no pano, chrono or sports exhaust, but I don't really give a flying firetruck :D
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Great thread. Very useful as getting close to lockdown and in the confusirator endlessly 😂. Shocked at what is an ‘extra’ on a premium marque, e.g Is auto dim rear view mirror really not standard!!
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If you go for the privacy glass you absolutely don’t need the dimming mirror. I don’t even use the manual dip on mine.
Macan S MY 2023
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

Skyway wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:17 pm If you go for the privacy glass you absolutely don’t need the dimming mirror. I don’t even use the manual dip on mine.
I have a little green light button below my rear view mirror... Not sure what that is, but guessing something to do with the dimming?
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:17 pm If you go for the privacy glass you absolutely don’t need the dimming mirror. I don’t even use the manual dip on mine.
I knew there was something else…
Auto dim mirrors!! (Waste)
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

stimshady wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:20 pm
I have a little green light button below my rear view mirror... Not sure what that is, but guessing something to do with the dimming?
Yes, the button allows you to turn the dimming on and off.

Auto dimming mirrors are useful as it includes the door mirrors so reduces the glare coming through front the side windows.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I’ve never once noticed glare from the door mirrors in the Macan. Think the elevation of the vehicle prevents this the majority of the time.
Macan S MY 2023
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Things I regret
  • Homelink garage opener - incompatible with my doors
Things I wish I had specced
  • Insulated glass - for break in protection rather than sound isolation
  • GT steering wheel - I like a more chunky, sporty wheel like I have in my Mini
  • Carbon gear knob - I detest the standard gear knob and bought a cheapo carbon cover on AliExpress
Last edited by GlobalNomad on Sat May 06, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPRS1942

Post by GPRS1942 »

Spent 12K on options based on previous two Macans and help from the Forum as this will be a long term car. best additions from previous were ACC, heated screen and steering wheel plus having had 18 way seats before reverting back to 14 way. Extended Black and pebble leather is great and no problems with marking.
Very pleased to have chosen Crayon after many positive comments. Regretted not having the Macan Sport wheels .
Biggest regret is not to have purchased one of the last Gen 2 GTS's as I miss the switches and buttons.
December 2021 Macan S in Crayon
2015 Macan SD