Heated Windscreen - how do know it's there!?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Completely wrong as per mentioned in this thread. Here’s the official manual if in any doubt

IMG_0404.jpeg

Macan S MY 2023

Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

I believe it also turns on the heated wing mirrors if you have them. Is that correct? I haven't had any frost to try it out yet.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Skyway wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 pm Completely wrong as per mentioned in this thread. Here’s the official manual if in any doubt

IMG_0404.jpeg
I'm pleased to see that Porsche have linked the heated door mirrors to the rear window button. Saab did the same on my old 9-5 Aero I used to own, and it was great for UK weather when you get spring and autumn mist/dew on mirrors, but not ice.
BMW heated mirrors are automatic and linked to outside air temp, and thus often in UK, don't switch on to clear misty dew from mirrors, which can be a bit of a pain, although this has been less of an issue in my X5 for some reason, than in my previous 135i.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

GeeRam wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:02 pm
Skyway wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 pm Completely wrong as per mentioned in this thread. Here’s the official manual if in any doubt

IMG_0404.jpeg
I'm pleased to see that Porsche have linked the heated door mirrors to the rear window button. Saab did the same on my old 9-5 Aero I used to own, and it was great for UK weather when you get spring and autumn mist/dew on mirrors, but not ice.
BMW heated mirrors are automatic and linked to outside air temp, and thus often in UK, don't switch on to clear misty dew from mirrors, which can be a bit of a pain, although this has been less of an issue in my X5 for some reason, than in my previous 135i.
Was the same on my 435d but they were also linked to rear screen. I think most cars are?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

My Volvo allowed me to set rear window heating, heated seats and steering wheel and outside mirrors to come on at a predetermined temperature. The XC60 may not be as much fun as the Macan but its tech on my 2018 model puts the 2023 Porsche tech to shame. I could turn up cabin temp. On/off heated seats and steering wheel all with voice control.