Spotted - Out and About

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I'd be posting 10 times a day on this thread if I counted all the Macans I spot in London! There's 3 on my road alone, and another S on the next road over haha.

I used to do 'the wave' all the time when my Dad would take us out in his sports cars as a kiddie. I had a VW Scirocco for a few years and often would wave at other Scirocco owners which was unexpected - wasn't expecting that car to be a 'wave car' but there you go.

Never bothered in the S3 and whilst I've nodded at other Macan GTS owners occasionally I've never had anything back!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Had an Alfa GTV 15 years ago and back then the wave was still alive for Alfa drivers, but less so with those driving the high volume hatches. Wonder if it’s still the case?
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

wab172uk wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:32 am
pstrat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:05 pm Is there any appetite for a pinned thread for spotted Macans?

If we're out and about and see someone / other Macans we could keep a thread for such things? Just a thought.

Last Friday on the M4 Westbound, Reading to Newbury, I convoyed with a gentian blue gen3. Did look nice on the move. I gave a toot as I passed and pulled in ahead. Unsure on the model as it was debadged. Anyone here?

Their speed was a rather painful 64/65mph so I left them at the A34 as I wanted to get home that evening :lol:
I think people don't really bother in mainstream cars. Back in the day you had the "Scooby wave". See a fellow scooby owner and it was a wave of a flash of lights. I don't see anyone doing that these days. I have a GR-Yaris, and being a special little car, I assumed most would be driven by car enthusiasts. I've flashed or raised a hand to fellow GR-Yaris drivers, and get nothing back.

The whole "Car culture" things is dying out I think.
Probably because you are actually waving at 90 year old grannies in another Yaris!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Tracky wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:53 pm
pstrat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:05 pm Is there any appetite for a pinned thread for spotted Macans?

If we're out and about and see someone / other Macans we could keep a thread for such things? Just a thought.

Last Friday on the M4 Westbound, Reading to Newbury, I convoyed with a gentian blue gen3. Did look nice on the move. I gave a toot as I passed and pulled in ahead. Unsure on the model as it was debadged. Anyone here?

Their speed was a rather painful 64/65mph so I left them at the A34 as I wanted to get home that evening :lol:
I think people don't really bother in mainstream cars. Back in the day you had the "Scooby wave". See a fellow scooby owner and it was a wave of a flash of lights. I don't see anyone doing that these days. I have a GR-Yaris, and being a special little car, I assumed most would be driven by car enthusiasts. I've flashed or raised a hand to fellow GR-Yaris drivers, and get nothing back.

Probably because you are actually waving at 90 year old grannies in another Yaris!
Are you saying my wife is actually 90 rather than 65? Actually the 90 is much nearer the speed she drives @ 😳.

A bit off topic but the last of the 4 Yaris that we have owned saved her life when she t boned a Polo who drove across the front of her, that little car folded up in all the right places, all air bags deployed, the only injury she had was a burnt ear from air bag deployment. Needless to say the car was a complete write off.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Plyphon wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:42 am I'd be posting 10 times a day on this thread if I counted all the Macans I spot in London! There's 3 on my road alone, and another S on the next road over haha.

I used to do 'the wave' all the time when my Dad would take us out in his sports cars as a kiddie. I had a VW Scirocco for a few years and often would wave at other Scirocco owners which was unexpected - wasn't expecting that car to be a 'wave car' but there you go.

Never bothered in the S3 and whilst I've nodded at other Macan GTS owners occasionally I've never had anything back!

Probably posting 20times a day if you had a Range Rover! Oh and many may not be the rightful owner😮
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

The Wave; when I was a kid my parents drove a SAAB 99, there was always a wave or headlight flash between owners.
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

The Wave; when I was a kid my parents drove a SAAB 99, there was always a wave or headlight flash between owners.
crockers

Post by crockers »

I can remember when one used to wave at other GB cars you saw on the continent. A rare sight then.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I can remember when the AA men used to salute and.... damn! what was the other thing 🤔 ?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Tracky wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:53 pm

If Granny is driving a GR-Yaris, then that is the type of Granny I wish I was related to.