Spotted - Out and About

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Is there any appetite for a pinned thread for spotted Macans?

If we're out and about and see someone / other Macans we could keep a thread for such things? Just a thought.

Last Friday on the M4 Westbound, Reading to Newbury, I convoyed with a gentian blue gen3. Did look nice on the move. I gave a toot as I passed and pulled in ahead. Unsure on the model as it was debadged. Anyone here?

Their speed was a rather painful 64/65mph so I left them at the A34 as I wanted to get home that evening :lol:

andreas

Post by andreas »

pstrat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:05 pm
Their speed was a rather painful 64/65mph so I left them at the A34 as I wanted to get home that evening :lol:
Probably a T :lol:
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Years ago we had a ‘Spotted’ thread! :)

Happy to take part.

I spotted quite a few Porsches on my trip to Kent and back on Saturday, but can’t recall any specific ones. Quite a few black and grey Gen Ones, as I recall.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
2japs

Post by 2japs »

On Monday as I was turning left into Morrisons, a dolomite gen 3 S passed on the outside, hi gloss accents including the Macan S badge on the boot, nice looking in the metal, with 21” RS wheels.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Saw a Gen3 in Papaya with its panoramic roof fully retracted on the A36 today. Looked good in the sunshine.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
crockers

Post by crockers »

Saw a fantastic Dolomite Silver T. 😎😎😎
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:11 pm Years ago we had a ‘Spotted’ thread! :)

Happy to take part.

I spotted quite a few Porsches on my trip to Kent and back on Saturday, but can’t recall any specific ones. Quite a few black and grey Gen Ones, as I recall.
Saw a Carrera GTS in Crayon today. We were in the wife's Tiguan. Must get one of those "My other cars a Porsche" stickers :lol: The GTS was a 72 plate, so fairly new.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I suspect they are too common for the thread to have any legs with such low members on here

There is one on the lotus forum and even there it doesn’t have much traction and those cars are much rarer

Having said that I did once track down a local lotus owner through the spotted/forum who ended up being the uncle of a neighbour of one of my tenants who had been causing my tenants some grief and he helped me sort him out ! He is now a good friend who comes away on my track trips!

Therefore one day WC may become a real friend too!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:54 am I suspect they are too common for the thread to have any legs with such low members on here

There is one on the lotus forum and even there it doesn’t have much traction and those cars are much rarer

Having said that I did once track down a local lotus owner through the spotted/forum who ended up being the uncle of a neighbour of one of my tenants who had been causing my tenants some grief and he helped me sort him out ! He is now a good friend who comes away on my track trips!

Therefore one day WC may become a real friend too!

♥️ :) 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

pstrat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:05 pm Is there any appetite for a pinned thread for spotted Macans?

If we're out and about and see someone / other Macans we could keep a thread for such things? Just a thought.

Last Friday on the M4 Westbound, Reading to Newbury, I convoyed with a gentian blue gen3. Did look nice on the move. I gave a toot as I passed and pulled in ahead. Unsure on the model as it was debadged. Anyone here?

I think people don't really bother in mainstream cars. Back in the day you had the "Scooby wave". See a fellow scooby owner and it was a wave of a flash of lights. I don't see anyone doing that these days. I have a GR-Yaris, and being a special little car, I assumed most would be driven by car enthusiasts. I've flashed or raised a hand to fellow GR-Yaris drivers, and get nothing back.

The whole "Car culture" things is dying out I think.