New Macan GTS or 992

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I recently went down to the West Country on a driving trip with some pals - some of the roads there are incredible. There are times I wished I was in a 911. But then we also got quite rural quite quickly, and the Macan GTS was the perfect car to have on those roads. There were some roads my mate in his lowered M4 simply couldn't drive down.

Overall, the Macan GTS came alive the entire weekend and was nothing but a joy to drive, and it meant I could go where the others couldn't without worrying if I was going to break my front splitter or under tray.

So , if it's a one car garage, I'd say it depends on what driving you're likely to do and what roads you're likely to end up on!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

cinders

Post by cinders »

Guy, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go Macan GTS. I love them and it'll be a fun car to travel, less road noise and practical. Thanks again for the help.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

cinders wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:47 pm Guy, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go Macan GTS. I love them and it'll be a fun car to travel, less road noise and practical. Thanks again for the help.

Less us know your spec and what waiting time you’re quoted! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

cinders wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:47 pm Guy, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go Macan GTS. I love them and it'll be a fun car to travel, less road noise and practical. Thanks again for the help.

Less us know your spec and what waiting time you’re quoted! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

I fully understand where you re coming from; whilst waiting for my Gen 3 Macan S I took an extended drive in a 992 Carerra, I wish I hadn't. The 992 was all it was hyped to be and a car I could love, now the Macan S in my case is a great vehicle but I have come to realise that I cannot love an SUV, it lacks the emotion and connection the 992 delivers, yes it has road noise, is a lot less practical and can you really use that power anywhere on public roads? but it took my breath away and is they type of car I would take out just for the hell of it which I don't do with the Macan S. The GTS may be very different. My head says stay with the Macan, it's quieter, practical, more than quick enough but compared to the 992, I find it lacking in soul, that said it is an unfair comparison one is a proper sports car the other a sports SUV and there is a big difference. However, I know some people use a 911 as a daily, I just couldn't for some of the reasons posted earlier so a second daily would be ideal. My advice is to take an extended drive in the GTS, it may work for you as it is a great vehicle. I'm still toying with a 992 Carerra as a long term keeper along with a rough and ready daily....
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I don't understand what the problem is in having both..........

You don't need 4wd

Sounds like a M3 touring would be your best bet
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
cinders

Post by cinders »

Ntense wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:00 pm I fully understand where you re coming from; whilst waiting for my Gen 3 Macan S I took an extended drive in a 992 Carerra, I wish I hadn't. The 992 was all it was hyped to be and a car I could love, now the Macan S in my case is a great vehicle but I have come to realise that I cannot love an SUV, it lacks the emotion and connection the 992 delivers, yes it has road noise, is a lot less practical and can you really use that power anywhere on public roads? but it took my breath away and is they type of car I would take out just for the hell of it which I don't do with the Macan S. The GTS may be very different. My head says stay with the Macan, it's quieter, practical, more than quick enough but compared to the 992, I find it lacking in soul, that said it is an unfair comparison one is a proper sports car the other a sports SUV and there is a big difference. However, I know some people use a 911 as a daily, I just couldn't for some of the reasons posted earlier so a second daily would be ideal. My advice is to take an extended drive in the GTS, it may work for you as it is a great vehicle. I'm still toying with a 992 Carerra as a long term keeper along with a rough and ready daily....
I wish I hadn't read that, now I'm thinking 992. lol.

I think when I get to the UK, I'll go see Porsche and see if I can test drive both the 992 and the Macan GTS and make a decision based on that. :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wrong marque?

Any 911 is impractical for a growing one car family.

Look at an Cupra, almost as fast as a GTS, no issue parking and way more fuel efficient
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:03 am Wrong marque?

Look at an Cupra, almost as fast as a GTS, no issue parking and way more fuel efficient
but nowhere near the same comfort or ride quality
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:03 am Wrong marque?

He is looking at cars in the £100k region not £40k

Hence my m3 touring comment. 4wd as he is scared of the wet, boot for stuff, 4 proper seats and very quick

Also not unnecessarily tall like a SUV
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S