Tyre/wheel set storage

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GTB

Post by GTB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:10 pm
Sdenny wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:13 am
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 pm It'll be far more enjoyable with winter boots!
348358876_1186371488700058_7991752472963397761_n.jpg

Seemed to work ok on summer tyres......
But would be even better on winters!

May I make a suggestion? I always clear the roof snow too, as when you brake the whole lot can slide forwards and completely cover the screen rendering your forward vision zero!
Thats a great suggestion from Nick, I have seen on a number of occassions that happen, indeed poor driver then tried their window wipers which then failed and also see somebody have their wiper arms destroyed trying to then shift that big lump of snow. For all the extra time it takes to remove snow from the roof, could save a very nasty accident a short time later. Life is too important not too look after your own or others.

Sorry for the moral message, life been a bit tough last six weeks and why I havent posted much, my Father in law was two weeks short of his 83rd birthday, went out for his usual morning coffee near where he stayed and while crossing at a set of pedestrain lights a Taxi driver wiped him out and was D.O.A at A & E. My wife and Mother in Law as you can imagine beyond grief, one of those phone calls and Traffic Police at our door to tell us the news.

For all on the Forum, please enjoy life and those family and people around us, we never know what lies ahead. We have a Police liason officer that calls us every day to keep us informed as Fiscal service will have full accident report to send us on with regards any formal prosecutions.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but Nicks message and point really struck a point with me, and not clearing that snow could have impact on you or someone else.

Enjoy your weekend Fellow Forum members, I will be back with my usual quips and fuel comments as usual, just been a bit tough lately.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0

wingless

Post by wingless »

FWIW, this topic shows my Macan being used to transport five big tires / wheels to and fro the tire store for mounting / dismounting.

My setup at home includes these ratcheting jack stands, ideal for safely raising the Macan for service, like wheel removal.

2022 Macan
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 pm It'll be far more enjoyable with winter boots!

May I make a suggestion? I always clear the roof snow too, as when you brake the whole lot can slide forwards and completely cover the screen rendering your forward vision zero!

Equally, a heavy block of snow/ice can take off from the roof backwards when you are driving along and potentially damage a following car, including possibly smashing their windscreen. ❄️
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

GTB wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:58 pm

Thats a great suggestion from Nick, I have seen on a number of occassions that happen, indeed poor driver then tried their window wipers which then failed and also see somebody have their wiper arms destroyed trying to then shift that big lump of snow. For all the extra time it takes to remove snow from the roof, could save a very nasty accident a short time later. Life is too important not too look after your own or others.

Sorry for the moral message, life been a bit tough last six weeks and why I havent posted much, my Father in law was two weeks short of his 83rd birthday, went out for his usual morning coffee near where he stayed and while crossing at a set of pedestrain lights a Taxi driver wiped him out and was D.O.A at A & E. My wife and Mother in Law as you can imagine beyond grief, one of those phone calls and Traffic Police at our door to tell us the news.

For all on the Forum, please enjoy life and those family and people around us, we never know what lies ahead. We have a Police liason officer that calls us every day to keep us informed as Fiscal service will have full accident report to send us on with regards any formal prosecutions.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but Nicks message and point really struck a point with me, and not clearing that snow could have impact on you or someone else.

Enjoy your weekend Fellow Forum members, I will be back with my usual quips and fuel comments as usual, just been a bit tough lately.

Cheers GTB
Very sorry to hear your tragic news GTB, that’s awful. We don’t know what’s ‘around the corner’ do we? Our thoughts are with you and your family
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Ditto
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Really sorry to hear this GTB. Thoughts with you and your family.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Wise words re snow, to say nothing of it being a legal requirement to clear it...............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Sdenny

Post by Sdenny »

It was before it went out on the road. We were just getting it to somewhere we could clear it more easily
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:24 pm
GTB wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:58 pm

Cheers GTB
Very sorry to hear your tragic news GTB, that’s awful. We don’t know what’s ‘around the corner’ do we? Our thoughts are with you and your family
+1 🙁
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
GTB

Post by GTB »

Thanks very much all for your thoughts and kind words.

All been so unreal and still cant believe it, Father in Law just doing what he did most days, went out for a coffee, and as a pedestrian crossing between the studs on a pedestrian crossing and taxi wiped him out. Its all been caught on CCTV and plenty of eye witnesses, but full report wont be sent to us for another couple of months. Been a lot on social media as surprise suprise lights had been out of action for nearly a month, so local authority involved as to why they hadnt been repaired, there is a T junction within 10M of the crossing and a taxi rank on that street but its a no right turn at that junction but often taxis ignore and other cars ignore that sign, so not sure if taxi made an illegal turn, and because its so close to the crossing might explain things. Anyway as liason officer has said my wife and mother in law can torture themselves for ever over all the what if's.

My wife just cant get over the brutality of it as she says, her Dad lived a couple of weeks short of his 83rd birthday and a fit guy, walks out the house to do something he did most days and never came home! Lesson to us all there not to part on a cross word and no matter the issues we have are they really that important. Its been a lesson in life for myself given all the miles I drive.

Anyway world keeps spinning and thanks again for your words.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0