Porsche Dash Cam - parking in sunlight

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

A friend recently had the VW version of the Porsche dashcam installed in his new Golf. Technician said it was important to remove dashcam from windscreen if left for any time in hot sunlight…..clearly this means it won’t proved car park bump cover etc

Anybody had similar advice from OPC’s??

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Nope, and my car is currently parked in direct sunlight every day ;)

Load of rubbish I’d say.
Macan S MY 2023
crockers

Post by crockers »

I must say I've been surprisingly impressed by the Porsche dash cam.
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

crockers wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:15 pm I must say I've been surprisingly impressed by the Porsche dash cam.
+1
katie-yorkshire

Post by katie-yorkshire »

No, no such advice from dealer Hull to me. Front and back hardwired in and a very nice job, too. Car bathed in sunlight everyday and both cameras work beautifully.
kogs

Post by kogs »

I have had the front Porsche Dashcam installed in Sept 2022 on my 22 Macan S. Recently - last few weeks - it has been falling off the windscreen mount. I have been really unlucky recently- my car was scuffed by another vehicle on the bumper while parked. The other driver drove off without stopping (surprise !). When I returned to the car I found that this was one occasion where the dashcam had already fallen off and it recorded nothing.

Not sure if the problem is related to the recent warm weather or something else and if anyone has had the same experience of it falling off the windshield mount?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

When you say falling off the mount do you mean the sticky pad becoming detached from the wind screen or the camera becoming unclipped from the mount?

Too date I haven’t experienced anything like this with mine.
Macan S MY 2023
kogs

Post by kogs »

The sticky part remains on the windscreen. This is attached to another harder panel which clips to the dashcam. The dashcam and the ‘hard plate’ fall off together and dangle down. The sticky part remains on the windscreen. Just my bad luck!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If it was installed by Porsche they ought to replace the pads. I suspect it never had good adherence from day one.
Macan S MY 2023
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If it was installed by Porsche they ought to replace the pads. I suspect it never had good adherence from day one.
Macan S MY 2023