TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:14 am Sounds a bit "Karen" to me !!!!!

Only joking. Good email.

I disagree with others regarding taking the bit out about placing an order elsewhere. It's Porsche, not Ford or BMW. They'll not suddenly offer you X% discount on a new GTS. For me, once you've given them 2 chances, that's it. They could chuck in free paint protection, but why should you then give that dealership, and that salesman your business? They've treated you badly, and every action has a reaction.

Even if the dealer principal phones you up begging for another chance and he'll deal with you personally, I'd still decline. They'll learn more by the lost business than chucking in a few incentives to get the sale on the third attempt.
Thank you, guys,

I know it ended up as a bit of a Karen email, and way longer than necessary, I admit being succinct has never been my strong suit.
I agree with Wab, I know they might try and make up for this with some incentives, but I lost all interest to order from them after the second time. I would rather pay a little extra for hopefully a stress-free experience, instead of getting a bit of discount from a place that I have lost my trust in.

Given the purpose of the email was for the dealer principal to be aware of these issues in his showroom, so that others that come after me may have a better experience, and not for the purpose of extracting a discount, I felt it was best to be detailed and provide context to why the failure was as disappointing as it was.

So this morning the dealer principal replied back,

Good morning Mr xxxx

Please accept my sincere apologies and I appreciate your feedback, clearly this is disappointing to hear and on my return to work on Wednesday 21st June I will complete a full review with Rob and the management team.

In the meantime I would be happy to call you a convenient time today or ahead of my return on Wednesday.

If you are in a position to take my call today please could you kindly provide me with a convenient time and best contact number, alternatively my mobile number is xxxxx xxxxxx and would be happy to take your call at any time today.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Kindest regards
Chris

And I closed this chapter of my inner Karen with:

Good morning Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

You are totally welcome to call me at any time, however, I don't think a call would be absolutely necessary.
From your email I assume you are currently away on holiday, apologies for dropping this feedback in the middle of your break.

I hope you have a great holiday and I hope I haven't ruined your last few days of it.

Thank you

Best regards,
xxxxx

Now it's time to move on....

Having said all that as I was typing this out, I just got a super exciting phone call with a piece of great news to update!!

I'll post this update on my other thread here, where I think it might be more relevant than on this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=13449
Macan GTS - September build allocation

pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Keep us posted on their response!
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

pstrat wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:44 am Keep us posted on their response!
I will do, but things actually worked out in the best possible way.

Copy and paste below from my other thread to save you guys from jumping over to that link

viewtopic.php?p=271212#p271212

Update

I just had a call back from an OPC that I sent an enquiry email to regarding an approved used car they had on sale that I found through the main Porsche website.

Some exciting news, they had someone cancel an order for a Macan GTS with a build slot already allocated to them for September.
It's worth highlighting that this is September 2023, not September 2024!

It even has a slim window for me to change to my specs before it gets locked.
So I have just placed my deposit with them and I am about to send them my specs to lock in.

Any thoughts or advise on the spec below guys?

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR94MF53

I know I went from wanting a Macan to a Macan S, and then to a Python green GTS, and now settling on a Carrara white Macan GTS. But I think this might be the perfect build for me now and save the python green for a subsequent 911 instead. :D

For those who followed my other thread, I guess this might be karma and if it does all work out as planned for a brand new GTS built on that September 2023 allocation, everything worked out in the most amazing fashion!

-end of copy paste-
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

MoonageMin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:36 am
wab172uk wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:14 am Sounds a bit "Karen" to me !!!!!

Only joking. Good email.

I disagree with others regarding taking the bit out about placing an order elsewhere. It's Porsche, not Ford or BMW. They'll not suddenly offer you X% discount on a new GTS. For me, once you've given them 2 chances, that's it. They could chuck in free paint protection, but why should you then give that dealership, and that salesman your business? They've treated you badly, and every action has a reaction.

Even if the dealer principal phones you up begging for another chance and he'll deal with you personally, I'd still decline. They'll learn more by the lost business than chucking in a few incentives to get the sale on the third attempt.
Thank you, guys,

I know it ended up as a bit of a Karen email, and way longer than necessary, I admit being succinct has never been my strong suit.
I agree with Wab, I know they might try and make up for this with some incentives, but I lost all interest to order from them after the second time. I would rather pay a little extra for hopefully a stress-free experience, instead of getting a bit of discount from a place that I have lost my trust in.

Given the purpose of the email was for the dealer principal to be aware of these issues in his showroom, so that others that come after me may have a better experience, and not for the purpose of extracting a discount, I felt it was best to be detailed and provide context to why the failure was as disappointing as it was.

So this morning the dealer principal replied back,

Good morning Mr xxxx

Please accept my sincere apologies and I appreciate your feedback, clearly this is disappointing to hear and on my return to work on Wednesday 21st June I will complete a full review with Rob and the management team.

In the meantime I would be happy to call you a convenient time today or ahead of my return on Wednesday.

If you are in a position to take my call today please could you kindly provide me with a convenient time and best contact number, alternatively my mobile number is xxxxx xxxxxx and would be happy to take your call at any time today.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Kindest regards
Chris

And I closed this chapter of my inner Karen with:

Good morning Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

You are totally welcome to call me at any time, however, I don't think a call would be absolutely necessary.
From your email I assume you are currently away on holiday, apologies for dropping this feedback in the middle of your break.

I hope you have a great holiday and I hope I haven't ruined your last few days of it.

Thank you

Best regards,
xxxxx

Now it's time to move on....

Having said all that as I was typing this out, I just got a super exciting phone call with a piece of great news to update!!

I'll post this update on my other thread here, where I think it might be more relevant than on this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=13449
I was only joking, it wasn't a Karen email. Far from it. I thought it was very good in fact.

Keep us updated if the Dealer principal rings you up.
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Thank you Wab :)

p.s. I know you were joking, but yeah I did feel a bit bad regardless for complaining when I sent that email off last night.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

MoonageMin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:46 am
pstrat wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:44 am Keep us posted on their response!
I will do, but things actually worked out in the best possible way.

Copy and paste below from my other thread to save you guys from jumping over to that link

viewtopic.php?p=271212#p271212

Update

I just had a call back from an OPC that I sent an enquiry email to regarding an approved used car they had on sale that I found through the main Porsche website.

Some exciting news, they had someone cancel an order for a Macan GTS with a build slot already allocated to them for September.
It's worth highlighting that this is September 2023, not September 2024!

It even has a slim window for me to change to my specs before it gets locked.
So I have just placed my deposit with them and I am about to send them my specs to lock in.

Any thoughts or advise on the spec below guys?

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR94MF53

I know I went from wanting a Macan to a Macan S, and then to a Python green GTS, and now settling on a Carrara white Macan GTS. But I think this might be the perfect build for me now and save the python green for a subsequent 911 instead. :D

For those who followed my other thread, I guess this might be karma and if it does all work out as planned for a brand new GTS built on that September 2023 allocation, everything worked out in the most amazing fashion!

-end of copy paste-
Very good news regarding the cancelled order. I assume it's with another dealership then?

Car specs are always a personal choice, so any comments would be purely personal taste ... but here we go ! :lol:

I'm not a fan of the alloys, and from personal experience, I can confirm a huge amount of brake dust comes off the brakes and onto the alloys. They will be a bitch to keep clean.

I do like the black side blades on the doors, as it breaks up the doors and (for me) looks more sporty. I looked at the colour match on a Macan in the showroom, and in the flesh they look a bit naff, as they look fake. Would look far better if the doors could come without them totally. They look all after thought.

I like roof bars as (to me) they add something to the styling. But it's money for something cosmetic only.

I do also think White with White interior is a all White on the night, lol. But like I say, it's all personal taste.

Pan Sunroof would brighten the interior up, but TBH I could have probably done without it myself.

Smoking pack is worth the £33, as it's somewhere to keep keys etc in the car.

If available, I'd tick BOSE, as slightly better sound over standard is always welcome with some good tunes on.

If I could spec mine again, I'd go for the acoustic glass. I had this on my X3, and I can now feel the hot sunshine coming though on the Macan. But it's quite expensive at £1152.00.

Can't see if you have ticked the 75l fuel tank, but well worth it if you haven't,

Personally, I'd rather have a higher spec S than compromising on the GTS spec. But it just depends if this is a long termer, or just something for 2-3 years.

But good luck getting your final spec locked in. September ain't far away !
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I like that you signed the email off with a nice row of kisses xxxxx

That's a huge win to get that Macan GTS slot - go for it, you won't be disappointed.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

As a GTS owner myself here is my feedback on your build:

- White on white is a bit much for me, but that's entirely subjective, if that speaks to you then crack on, sure has some 'pop' to it!

- Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the 'Comfort 14 way' seats are less 'sporty' than the 'GTS Sport Seats' in that they have a smaller side bolster. The 'standard' 8 way seats are in-fact GTS specific. I find them perfectly comfortable and very hugging but others wouldn't dare even sit in a Macan without the 14/18 ways.

- I love my heated GT steering wheel, great option.

- I find the ACC a useful addition and wouldn't be without it now. You might want to consider adding this if resale is a concern.

- Likewise with Bose - if resale is a concern this is a big draw to the car, but if not then i'm unsure it matters. I've heard the basic system is fine.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Thanks, Wab again for the thoughts on my spec, really appreciate it.

Yup, it's with another dealership, just got super lucky with the timing and all, and if this all does work out as they say and I get my GTS almost a year earlier than if I joined the back of the queue, I would also well recommend others to try calling around different dealerships before ordering to check if any has a cancelled allocation. In my situation, I just got lucky with the 1 email I sent to the 1 dealership to enquire about a used car they had and it transformed into a new car order.

Regarding your thoughts, I do like the look of the satin black GT wheels the most and would pay extra for it, but it's only available in combination with the GT sports package, and in lieu of that I thought I would just keep the standard 21" Spyders in satin black.
But maybe something to reconsider regarding washing and maintenance.

Thanks for the info on the sideblades, I was going to get the gloss black sideblades, but thought for the same price get it body matched for a sleeker look, but didn't realise it was plastic-looking, this does put it back on the table for debate, maybe I should go with the Gloss Black Package instead.

Although the plan is to get this PPF'ed in a matte/satin PPF, to give the car a Satin white look to give it a touch of uniqueness so maybe it won't matter in that case.

Roof bars, I also ticked, but wife says it looks like a truck now, and hates it. Prefers the sleek look without, and I'm kind of indifferent so decided to go without.

I did think some of the stuff makes it a bit sporty, but the final consensus was to keep this looking like a luxury suv/crossover, and just get a proper sporty car later instead (where we will be doing something more out there like python green or racing yellow, and do all the go-faster bits on that one and keep this one more of a SUV). I kind of agree with that actually, and I guess that's also the missus hinting at approval to get a 911? :D Or so I hope.

I did initially spec this is white with red interior, again missus hates the red (understandable as all red interior could be quite marmite) but loves the pebble grey, so white on white it is....... :D (not sure who's car this is becoming now, but then again if a 911 is on the cards in the future, then I don't mind it being so).

Sunroof, I just heard of maintenance issues and leak issues, so I thought best to avoid the headache down the line.

The smoking pack I avoided it because when selling one day, I didn't want it to look like I have been smoking inside the car when we don't even smoke. But good advice regarding somewhere to keep the keys, might take a look at this again.

The demo car I test drove had BOSE and I must admit I was quite disappointed with the quality, maybe it hasn't been broken it yet. But I felt it was worse than the Harman Kardon in both my X5 and my wife's Mini, so I thought I should just go either standard or maybe go for the Burmester, and just decided I would go standard.

Acoustic glass, I genuinely thought about this and do want the temperature element of it, but wanted to preserve the sports exhaust system sounds from the v6 engine. does yours dampen this sound?

75L was a must for me too, and it is standard on the GTS.

To be honest I didn't compromise on the GTS, and has all the stuff I spec'ed on the S as this will be a long termer.
I just didn't really see anything else I wanted added on other than things that seemed a bit excessive like the carbon fibre wheels and gear lever
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:31 am - Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the 'Comfort 14 way' seats are less 'sporty' than the 'GTS Sport Seats' in that they have a smaller side bolster. The 'standard' 8 way seats are in-fact GTS specific. I find them perfectly comfortable and very hugging but others wouldn't dare even sit in a Macan without the 14/18 ways.
Thanks Plyphone for your thoughts, love it.

I actually selected the 14 way seat over the 18 way specifically as I had the 14 way in my test drive and found it comfortable.
And after hearing that 18 ways are a bit more difficult to get in and out, and could also be uncomfortable for some, thought I would just go with 14, although I do find the look of 18 way does look nicer. Price is only like £200 difference so it wasn't the main consideration for the decision.

As for 14 way over 8 way, I wanted the seat ventilation and for that you can't get it on the 8 way.

And resale, not really a concern (evident from the fact I was even considering python green), the only thing I considered about resale is if adding the smoker package as a non-smoker would give the wrong impression to buyers