Macan T review.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:18 pm Glad you are enjoying the ride.

Not been over Hardknot & Wrynose for years, ever since I met some plonker in an oversized Camper coming in the opposite direction.
Ditto, last time for me was in a chocolate brown Ford jelly mould!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:56 am
Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:07 pm Agree with you about the speedo, haven't looked at it since day 3. You can forgive a car a few niggles but there's nothing like going into your garage/looking out of the window and thinking "ooh that looks nice"
Seven years later and I still have that feeling.

There is still nothing out there that I would swap my Macan for.
Yip, for me a car has to look good not just drive good, when I decided to sell my S3 and go back to SUV, only one choice, the Macan. Would have the Lambo but don’t have the money!
It’s not just the badge, if the Mercedes GLB had a Porsche badge I wouldn’t buy it, same way when the first Cayenne came out, I thought that’s so ugly!

Oh, great review Crockers and a lovely car 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

+1 It has to look good before I'll even get in it ;)
Macan S MY 2023
crockers

Post by crockers »

Oh. Forgot to add the wireless charger is shite. Got to take phone out of case to work and then it charges slowly and is red hot. Weird placement.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

2japs wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:25 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:18 pm Glad you are enjoying the ride.

Not been over Hardknot & Wrynose for years, ever since I met some plonker in an oversized Camper coming in the opposite direction.
Ditto, last time for me was in a chocolate brown Ford jelly mould!

Ford Sierra? Haven’t seen one of those in ages, apart from the occasional Cosworth. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Glad you’re enjoying the T, crockers! :)

And I agree about the speedo dial. I never look at it either.

The iconic feature of the Porsche dashboard has been the large central analogue rev counter, but sadly even that is being phased out, I think. 😕
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

crockers wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:02 pm Almost 3 months in and 3000 miles on the clock - thought it was about time to give my views on the T.
I’m not going to go into the 4 v 6 debate as it’s a no brainer that the 6 has substantially more power and a better sounding vocal cord. But the 4 isn’t “weedy”. I’ve only once found it lacking and that was going over the Hardknot pass. Not an everyday occurrence 🤣.

I find the 8 way GTS seats extremely comfortable, and wrapped in Pebble look and feel exquisite. The GT smaller steering wheel is very nice.

I find the speedo a waste of a dial as I use the digital display as it’s far more user friendly.

I have driven an S but stuck with the T because I would have had to strip the S or pay out extra £000s which I didn’t want to do.

Cruising up a motorway at around 75-76 gives me 35+ to a gallon. Going over the hardknot gave me low to mid 20s. But on the whole I rarely see less than 30. Not brilliant but acceptable.

Handling is amazing. Can’t get over how well it grips. Rarely see the power move to the front. Going up the Hardnot was a 50/50 split.

Adaptive cruise and lane keep assist are good but not as good as the Volvo Pilot Assist. The 360 camera is very useful - but I’m not overly impressed with the sharpness of the images. To be fair the technology and safety equipment is not in the same league as Volvos but the I knew that when changing. Ride quality and road handling easily make up for this.

The “Porsche app and stuff” is total garbage - other Manufacturers are streets ahead. My Volvo was 4 years old and I could remotely lock and unlock the car. Send it routes. Also read off fuel etc. it also had a log with maps to show journeys done and it would send me notifications when the car was unlocked. Handy once when it was valet parked and he hadn’t locked it.

The £200 Porsche logo door lights were a waste of money.

Load management system brilliant.

But every time I drive it - those niggles go onto the back burner.

The quality of the fit and finish is superior to the Volvos - and that was impressive Scandi minimalist.

Do I regret buying it - no. I love looking as I think it looks stunning - something I couldn’t say about the XC60. Not that that was bad looking - just not a beauty.
Good review… glad you are enjoying it!