Porsche tops Autoexpress best car manufacturer survey for 3rd year

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

EngineerMK wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:22 am
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:42 pm Look at Auto Express and just about every car gets an award of some sort.

Surprised to see Polestar in 2nd place, I have only seen one on the road.
Polestar 2nd! I joined a Polestar Facebook group one year ago (I was seriously considering buying one). The number of lock-outs, fail to drive (or start in ICE terms), software bugs and other issues they report I'm surprised they are not in the worse ten. Owners regularly report having to wait between 15-120 mins for their polestars to decide they are drivable, going through full re-boots of the whole car's computer system. Add in support from inexperienced Volvo dealers and some very poor residual values I decided to drop Polestar from my list.
That is interesting.

I have the feeling that with the exception of Tesla owners all other EV owners are actually Beta Testers and paying highly for it.

The Polestar 3 SUV is £79,900in base form
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:42 pm Look at Auto Express and just about every car gets an award of some sort.

Polestar 2nd! I joined a Polestar Facebook group one year ago (I was seriously considering buying one). The number of lock-outs, fail to drive (or start in ICE terms), software bugs and other issues they report I'm surprised they are not in the worse ten. Owners regularly report having to wait between 15-120 mins for their polestars to decide they are drivable, going through full re-boots of the whole car's computer system. Add in support from inexperienced Volvo dealers and some very poor residual values I decided to drop Polestar from my list.
To my eyes Polestar is one of the blandest looking cars available.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Yes….gen 3, my signature list is full and haven’t decided which one to delete to add in the GTS… :D
Copious use of the coasting function. I started with a 236 range and set myself the challenge to get to York without re-fuelling and arrived with 80 miles left…400 mile journey tomorrow, will be making good progress😈
Macan
Taycan Turbo
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 pm

To my eyes Polestar is one of the blandest looking cars available.
Funny that, as one of my neighbours has recently took delivery of a Polestar 2 in black. Out of all the EV’s on our roads, I think they look pretty good.

Better than any of the Hyundai ones that people say look brilliant
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

The Polestar models; 1, 2, 3 & 4 all take their styling from Volvo, they have a scandi styling pureness to them. Bland or scandi cool? It's all in the eye of the beholder.

The engineering is all Geely (China). Volvo, Polestar, Geely, Lynn & Co and Zekur are on the same platforms... with Lotus, London Taxi's and its van twin thrown in.