Festival of Speed - heads up on travel and ticket collection

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

pmg wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:00 am
cowdray2 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:30 am
pmg wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:10 pm

See my reply in the 911T thread

If you are coming form the north, I would take the A285 through Petworth rather than the A286 through Midhurst. Avoids the Singleton road works and takes you to the Public Car park M nearest one to Porsche stand. Avoids the southern and other northern car parks and far less walking (avoids the hike across the golf course from the southern public parking)
As a Midhurst (Easebourne) resident would advise the A286 route… Midhurst gets clogged by the local Jazz owners faffing about…
Saw a couple of Carmine Red Macans queuing … so much better the the hordes of greys and blacks lumbering past my house!
If your off to the FOS…. enjoy! :D
I have just looked at traffic situation this am on Google maps. Yes there is the odd bit of red through Petworth but that is far shorter than the red in Midhurst, Chichester, and Arundel.
Correct … my mistake I meant take the A285 through Petworth NOT the A286 via Midhurst …. Already a 1 mile + queue past my house!

Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

pmg wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:00 am
cowdray2 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:30 am
pmg wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:10 pm

See my reply in the 911T thread

If you are coming form the north, I would take the A285 through Petworth rather than the A286 through Midhurst. Avoids the Singleton road works and takes you to the Public Car park M nearest one to Porsche stand. Avoids the southern and other northern car parks and far less walking (avoids the hike across the golf course from the southern public parking)
As a Midhurst (Easebourne) resident would advise the A286 route… Midhurst gets clogged by the local Jazz owners faffing about…
Saw a couple of Carmine Red Macans queuing … so much better the the hordes of greys and blacks lumbering past my house!
If your off to the FOS…. enjoy! :D
I have just looked at traffic situation this am on Google maps. Yes there is the odd bit of red through Petworth but that is far shorter than the red in Midhurst, Chichester, and Arundel.

Goodwood sells the same amount of tickets for each day, 50,000. Thursday did not used to sell out but now does. By the time the crowds are in, it is now very busy. I cope with that by getting there early, seeing the things i want to see on stands and in paddocks early and then for the rest of day I retreat to a Grandstand preferable one with a working TV screen opposite.
I leant early on 20 years ago, that a Grandstand ticket is useful especially if a wet Goodwood.
Sorry meant take the Petworth route if coming from the North… avoid Midhurst ….already a 1+ mile queue past my house….
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Any of you guys got jobs i'n sarf ?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Saturday cancelled. :(
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Screenshot_20230715_085514_Chrome.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:30 am Saturday cancelled. :(

Called off about 10pm last night after an initial flags up about seven.

According to the BBC weather site At 9 am and for the rest of the day we are supposed to have 50 mph winds. All I can say is (not that I was going today or the still on tomorrow) that six miles away we have sunshine and a few clouds and a slight breeze. Of course, the rest of the day may change. I will report.

There is a full ticket refund due. Saturday tickets will not be valid for Sunday as that was sold out. Goodwood are asking Saturday holders not to contact them but wait until they receive the fund automatically from Goodwood. I suspect with 50000 refunds to make the small office will take a few weeks
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

I think this bizarre decision by the elf n safety zealots will end up biting them on the behind...

I wonder how many thousands of people had an early night last night for an early start this morning and the first they knew of it was when arriving to get into the car park.. :o

I've not been to FOS for over 20 years now, but marshalled at it between '95 and '01, and only ever went as a ticket buying member of the public the once in '02 when I took the now ex-missus. Not been back since, I much prefer the Revival in September.

I remember marshalling at a very wet and windy FOS in the 90's which was as bad, if not worse than the forecast for today, and we all coped fine on the day... :roll:
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I got to Goodwood FOS yesterday with my buddy riding 911T from 1969MY. We used WAZE app which took us through interesting roads I didn’t know existed, but it took us just over an hour from Guildford.

Wether was S#¡T, but the place was packed to the rafters with enthusiasts. Porsche stand was good, but I expected more elitist secret handshake area for ruminating on the tech, history and future. It was all open to the public, I guess demand is softening.

We had a very good chat with a lady from PCGB (club not the distributor) and we got a set of “75” stickers. Very cool set! I wish one of them could be applied from inside window, so it doesn’t scratch from outside. Still , grateful to have these.

IMG_3982.jpeg

Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
pmg

Post by pmg »

Autocar is saying there was an issue with cars getting stuck in mud in car parks yesterday but I am not seeing any reports of such on the PCGB Southern region Whats app group from people who went yesterday .

I can remember an early FOS around 1995 when it was very wet and everyone in the field that is now Porsche Parking including me in a BMWE36 325i had to towed out by tractors
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Goodwood Festival of Speed “Live” on ITV today will no doubt be recorded highlights, mostly from Thursday, I would imagine. 📺
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018