Who's the user on here who buys Porsches?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Just had a shockingly low valuation on my Macan from an OPC!

Can anyone remember the user on here who buys Porsches?

👍
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Prestige Cars.

I got a lower valuation from then than by WBAC, or Motorway, whilst others have had higher valuations.

So worth a try.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

AndyC160 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:10 pm Just had a shockingly low valuation on my Macan from an OPC!

Can anyone remember the user on here who buys Porsches?

👍
https://www.prestigeperformanceyorkshire.co.uk/

I would also try the likes of Motorway where dealers actually compete to buy
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Thanks Col and pmg. I got a valuation from motorway which was well above the OPC. Best so far has been the valuation from an Audi dealer (also looking at an RS4) which was alot more than all the others and still leave them making quite a bit on it

Looking at similar Macans on the porsche used site it looks like OPCs are wanting to make a profit of around ÂŁ13-14k on a car!
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

I recently sold a Cayman and the best offer to sell to the trade was from WBAC. ÂŁ1500 more than the OPC I was buying my Macan from.

WBAC knocked £300 for a few stone chips on the front and because the MOT didn’t have long left. It wasn’t a very thorough inspection though she missed the chipped alloy, scratch on the spoiler and fact the tyres were quite low on tread even if still legal. The OPC guy was much more thorough but felt like he was lowballing me as he has the opportunity to add the biggest mark up. It’s gone via WBAC to a OPC in Perth and they’re asking nearly £9k more than I sold it for and more than I paid for it 2.5 years ago.

Didn’t really have any joy with motorway or carwow. Fully intended to use one of these but they tried to make me set a reserve price which was a lot lower than the value of the car. It wasn’t really clear whether it was legally binding if I got an offer more than reserve but less than what I thought it was worth and be forced into a sale. So in the end I didn’t list with either. Be interested to hear if others have had similar experience or a better understanding of how it works.
Macan T - Ordered January ‘23 - Collected June ‘23
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZG5PN8
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

I'd also try phoning around more OPCs. When I sold my Boxster a few weeks ago I got very different offers from various places.

NB most of the groups have a group-wide buyer so worth checking which OPCs are in which groups before starting
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

FirstSeaLord wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:53 pm I'd also try phoning around more OPCs. When I sold my Boxster a few weeks ago I got very different offers from various places.

NB most of the groups have a group-wide buyer so worth checking which OPCs are in which groups before starting
👍 Yes, I'm looking into that as I've seen a couple at different centres (and different groups)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Of all of them Brooklands offered me the most. And several started bidding up when I gave them a number I was after, and told me that that helped them. Don't know why. They seem to low ball if you say I'm phoning round and will take / consider the best offer.

Also found that if you get two who are in a similar ballpark there's scope to play them off against each other a bit ie their first offer isn't final one in most instances

Best of luck
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

BZR81 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:51 pm

Didn’t really have any joy with motorway or carwow. Fully intended to use one of these but they tried to make me set a reserve price which was a lot lower than the value of the car. It wasn’t really clear whether it was legally binding if I got an offer more than reserve but less than what I thought it was worth and be forced into a sale. So in the end I didn’t list with either. Be interested to hear if others have had similar experience or a better understanding of how it works.

It's not legally binding, no. You still have to accept/refuse any offer you get. Im unsure why they use a reserve either.

I got a good price on Motorway for my Audi before my Macan.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

Plyphon wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:57 pm
BZR81 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:51 pm

It's not legally binding, no. You still have to accept/refuse any offer you get. Im unsure why they use a reserve either.

I got a good price on Motorway for my Audi before my Macan.
Thanks. I maybe should have given it a try then. I was just confused why they wanted to set such a low reserve price and were unwilling to set it higher when I requested. They’re doing themselves out of business like this at it scared me off.
Macan T - Ordered January ‘23 - Collected June ‘23
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZG5PN8