Finally order placed (Macan S)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Pebble and black as well as Bordeaux and black (extended) both give deviated stitching on dashboard and door tops where you see it most.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:33 am Nice spec. I somewhat agree about the exhaust because it’s a costly option, but it’s about £600 to have the black exhaust tips alone so if you want those, it’s less of a saving.

Also, you might be prudent to stick with the standard alloys and find a pristine second set on eBay in the style you’ve optioned. You’d then have a spare set for winter tyres or whatever, probably not costing you much more than a few hundred over what you’re paying.

My other comment would be that the deviated stitching adds a lot to the cost; you could switch to extended leather without deviated stitching for a similar price. I don’t find the crayon deviated stitching or seatbelts in our car are things I notice at all; that may not be true with orange stitching and seatbelts of course!
I agree with you and re the stitching, my S ( bought 9mths old )in Gentian has black with Gentian stitching and seat belts , I like them, adds a bit of colour to the interior, however if buying new I would go with extended leather also.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:50 am Pebble and black as well as Bordeaux and black (extended) both give deviated stitching on dashboard and door tops where you see it most.
As does the Black/Mojave extended combo give deviated stitching on the dash and door caps.

I agree with not being talked into anything by the SE. Choose what you want, not what they want.

I fact from my experience of them so far, I'd be tempted to choose the opposite of what ever they suggest :lol:
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

petew0557 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:11 am I went for the Walnut trim to match the beige leather. No cost option and and still looks good.
This is the combo I'm leaning towards....
Always been a sucker for a bit of polished walnut trim in a car........ (its me age guv)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks good

Only a couple of points.

From what I can see on the config, you have the black model designation but not the black Porsche badge - is that not a mismatch ?

I’d be tempted to get the black calipers too as I’m not sure if the orange and red clash
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

GeeRam wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:12 pm
petew0557 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:11 am I went for the Walnut trim to match the beige leather. No cost option and and still looks good.
This is the combo I'm leaning towards....
Always been a sucker for a bit of polished walnut trim in a car........ (its me age guv)
Can’t be doing with wood trim in new cars - fees too false

Only one place for wood trim….

IMG_0220.jpeg

On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:46 pm Looks good

Only a couple of points.

From what I can see on the config, you have the black model designation but not the black Porsche badge - is that not a mismatch ?

I’d be tempted to get the black calipers too as I’m not sure if the orange and red clash
Why would orange and red clash??? 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Hi all thanks for the comments it's good to have opinions from other owners that may have been in this situation before. With regards to the sports exhaust I appreciate it's a bit costly and probably little difference in sound, it's probably all in the mind but it's the one thing I miss when I sold my FTYPE so will probably stick with it. I may again play around with the interior colour, i do like the pebble as this is full leather for i think the same cost as my current option. I think there was a thread on here where someone specked the papaya with pebble interior or was thinking about it. Think the carbon trim would be nice but trying to keep to a budget. I want to get it right as intend this to be a keeper before we all sucome to the soleless EV,s. I've noticed no comments on the bose system but I read a thred on this and think people were 50/50 and although I have it in my current macan thought 1k could be spent better elsewhere (listening to the sports exhaust ) :lol: :lol:
Thanks again for all your comments they are very useful.
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:46 pm I’d be tempted to get the black calipers too as I’m not sure if the orange and red clash
I would agree with that in principle......but, at £640 for a caliper colour change, I'd be keeping the red ones.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

GeeRam wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:59 pm
Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:46 pm I’d be tempted to get the black calipers too as I’m not sure if the orange and red clash
I would agree with that in principle......but, at £640 for a caliper colour change, I'd be keeping the red ones.
Oh it’s expensive for sure but long term car I think it would grate

Same for not adding the exhaust - even my wife presses that button before she drives off!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S