Finally order placed (Macan S)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

After a recent visit to my local Porsche dealer for a test drive in a Macan S with all the extras i intended to spec it now convinced me to put a deposit down on a new Macan. Ideally i am looking for a delivery around March 24 to coincide with my 60th birthday and retirement so thought i would treat myself to my dream car at the spec i want and before the EV model takes over. They did offer me an earlier slot at the end of 2023 so guess they may have had some cancellations or spare slots. My initial post was to look at a GTS but with the price increase and lead times highlighted the S to be the better option at this point in time. After much deliberation i have settled for the following spec, i was keen on the light pebble interior but was talked out of it by the sales rep in favour of the Black with orange stitching etc

http://www.porsche-code.com/PR3S1K94

In the mean time i will be selling my Oct 2017 Macan S diesel after my final road trip in early September with around 40k miles. The OPC offered me less than Motorway but seeing as it has been a good car to me will advertise on the forum first under cars for sale in the coming months. Won’t bother with Auto Trader or advertising elsewhere, some pictures attached, if they have uploaded ??.

20230518_105841.jpg
20230518_105246.jpg

M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

20230518_105246.jpg

20230518_105841.jpg

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Good spec but I wouldn't waste £1871 on the sport exhaust, pressing the sport button on a standard "S" makes the exhaust sound quite throaty anyway.
GWL

Post by GWL »

Great looking car. I can see why the rep suggested Black + Papaya stitching - I think it looks good.
The only thing I would change is swapping the brushed aluminium trim for carbon. For me, the aluminium doesn't fit in with the overall colour scheme (inside & out).
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Why would an SE “suggest” anything when it comes down to just personal preference? More importantly, why would you put any weight behind somebody else’s opinion of an entirely subjective choice?
It’s what YOU like - full stop.
Those two interior colours will make no difference to the used value or desirability regardless of which one you choose…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GWL

Post by GWL »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:05 pm Why would an SE “suggest” anything when it comes down to just personal preference? More importantly, why would you put any weight behind somebody else’s opinion of an entirely subjective choice?
Those two interior colours will make no difference to the used value or desirability regardless of which one you choose…
Must admit, my initial response was going to be the same : go with what YOU like - not what the SE wants for future re-sale. However, when I actually saw the car in the configurator, I thought the SE was right.

I've now noticed the OP specified the leather/Carbon PDK shifter - but not carbon trim. If it's down to cost, I'd go carbon trim and standard shifter.
Previous :
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

GWL wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:47 pm
Jon A wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:05 pm Why would an SE “suggest” anything when it comes down to just personal preference? More importantly, why would you put any weight behind somebody else’s opinion of an entirely subjective choice?
Must admit, my initial response was going to be the same : go with what YOU like - not what the SE wants for future re-sale. However, when I actually saw the car in the configurator, I thought the SE was right.

I've now noticed the OP specified the leather/Carbon PDK shifter - but not carbon trim. If it's down to cost, I'd go carbon trim and standard shifter.
I have carbon with the pebble. If I was doing it again I would probably just stick with the black gloss standard as the carbon doesn’t really add much I think. However, I definitely wouldn’t go for the circa mid nineties “brushed aluminium” look as I think that cheapens the whole interior 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GWL

Post by GWL »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:58 pm
GWL wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:47 pm

I have carbon with the pebble. If I was doing it again I would probably just stick with the black gloss standard as the carbon doesn’t really add much I think. However, I definitely wouldn’t go for the circa mid nineties “brushed aluminium” look as I think that cheapens the whole interior 😳
Agree about the carbon vs black gloss - but I couldn't see that as an option.
Previous :
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

I went for the Walnut trim to match the beige leather. No cost option and and still looks good.
At my recent trip to the PEC Silverstone day I drove a Gentian S on 20" rims and sports exhaust/chrono The 77 year old instructor drove the car round the track like a nutter, very entertaining and the Sports Exhaust did sound good but for everyday driving I don't think its worthwhile. On the estate where I live there are two other 22 plate Macan S's which often go past my house both with the std exhaust and they both sound decent. When using Chrono on mine in Sport and Sport+, the standard exhaust does pop and burble especially when the car is changing down. After 12 months of ownership (this month), I am very happy with my purchase and although I often look what I could currently get for £70K as an alternative to the Macan S and have not been tempted to change it.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Nice spec. I somewhat agree about the exhaust because it’s a costly option, but it’s about £600 to have the black exhaust tips alone so if you want those, it’s less of a saving.

Also, you might be prudent to stick with the standard alloys and find a pristine second set on eBay in the style you’ve optioned. You’d then have a spare set for winter tyres or whatever, probably not costing you much more than a few hundred over what you’re paying.

My other comment would be that the deviated stitching adds a lot to the cost; you could switch to extended leather without deviated stitching for a similar price. I don’t find the crayon deviated stitching or seatbelts in our car are things I notice at all; that may not be true with orange stitching and seatbelts of course!
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper