Battery woes

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I do a lot of short journeys and in 2 years, never had an issue.

When the car first went in to OPC, the technician came to speak to me about the battery voltage history being low, despite me not even mentioning it. My dash cam was set to turn off at a relatively low voltage reading, so I changed that setting. Not been mentioned by OPC since. It sounds as though you have a gremlin with the vast array of warnings/problems you’ve experienced rather than a common issue.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SmallWheels wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:55 pm Mine has gone up to 4 weeks without running and often it’s a 2 to 3 week gap. When it goes out the runs are always medium to long. Always starts easily on the first turn of the key and never had any problems with warnings etc. The only symptom – and it’s very minor – is that the stop/start system might not begin stopping the engine until I’ve done 200 miles of driving.
Likewise and mine is never garaged even in the winter.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Cobnapint

Post by Cobnapint »

F1 Nut wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:13 pm I do a lot of short journeys and in 2 years, never had an issue.

When the car first went in to OPC, the technician came to speak to me about the battery voltage history being low, despite me not even mentioning it. My dash cam was set to turn off at a relatively low voltage reading, so I changed that setting. Not been mentioned by OPC since. It sounds as though you have a gremlin with the vast array of warnings/problems you’ve experienced rather than a common issue.
It's been fine since it's session with the CTEK.
I've read other stories on other forums regarding spurious dashboard messages on Cayennes too and it turning out to be the battery.
The other half's 68 plate Fiesta had an issue last year. Although not a spurious alarm the car started to intermittently refuse to unlock the drivers door on the remote or key. It was locked shut, solid for several days with no way of opening it apart from potentially having to remove (destroy) the door card to gain access to the locking mechanism.
I booked it into the local main dealer asking them to quote for doing such a task but they said they'd have to check a couple of things first before going to that extreme.
They rang back saying there were no faults showing but that the battery had seen better days. Mmmm. Battery? Can't be, it's cranking the engine absolutely fine I thought.

I charged the battery up and the fault never repeated, but just so she wasn't left in the lurch again I fitted a new one. Been as good as gold since. 🤷‍♂️
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4