GTS Gen 1 2016 - Reserve deposit placed

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Scoobyd

Post by Scoobyd »

Hi all

Just joined up to the forum so this is my first post. It’s been a great resource as I’ve considered entering the world of Porsche and in particular the Macan.

Long story short, I’d been considering a BMW X3 M40i having been a BMW man for a very long time before my search led me to look at the Macan too. In doing so I came across this Gen 1 GTS which really caught my eye…

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... =price_asc

Despite it being older and higher mileage than I’d have preferred, and certainty more so than a comparable X3 at that price, it has a great spec and comes with warranty until June 2026 which is longer than most I’ve seen on the OPC. That practically gives a new car warranty on a 7 year old car. Not seen another GTS on there with that level of spec either including all the main desirable ones.

I was due to go and see it last Thursday but the sales guy there messaged in the morning to say someone had agreed a sale the night before and placed a deposit so it was off sale. Received another message on Friday to say the buyer hadn’t been approved for finance so it was available again.

Now most people I’ve spoken to said Porsche don’t tend to discount or negotiate much on price, even on used cars. A tank of fuel, some cleaning products and a coffee mug if you’re lucky! So I went back with an offer of £38k subject to inspecting the car in person and a test drive. Much to my surprise I got a call yesterday from the sales manager accepting my offer. So deposit paid and due to be seeing it tomorrow.

I’ve managed to obtain the service history and wear left on tyres and brakes as per its approved checks.

The car has a full and up to date Porsche Service History and has been serviced at the below dates and mileages;

6/9/2018 – 21007 miles
24/7/2020 – 40367 miles
29/6/2022 – 56632 miles (60k service completed with PDK & Brake Fluid change)

This would leave the cars next service due by 76632 miles or 29/6/2024 – which ever comes first.

At the point of preparation, the front tyres are showing as having around 6mm of tread & the rear tyres around 5mm. The pads also showing 6mm remaining for the front and 5mm remaining for the rears.

It has had a Transfer Box replacement in March 2019.

The front discs are 35.5mm & rear discs 32.5, so have plenty of life left in them.

So, based on all of the above, is there anything I need to be looking out for or asking when I go to see it tomorrow? Does it seems like a good buy given it’s from OPC with a good spec and long warranty?

One of the other reasons I’ve leaned towards this GTS over an X3 M40i is although I could buy a newer, lower mileage, X3 for the same money my feeling is that the Macan should be expected to hold onto its value more in the future which helps with the overall cost of ownership. Macan’s still seem to have some of the best residuals out there and in particular the GTS, despite being a Gen 1.

Be interested to hear the thoughts of the forum! Thanks!
Porsche Macan GTS Gen 1
2003 E46 BMW 330ci Sport Convertible

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Sounds good. Little to worry about if bought from a Porsche dealer. Engine oil leaks is another common fault.

Warranty won't cover cosmetic issues, so have a look at the exhaust tips and the wheel hub badges.

Good luck!
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Looks great and well specced. No MOT advisories etc through its life. Implies well cared for and used. New MOT done this week.

Get them to check that the panoramic roof drains are clear. Make sure you feel for any dampness in the carpets and the boot wells, including the removable left and right side panels in the boot.

Hope it all works out for you tomorrow.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Wow! £40k for a 2016.............

Makes me wonder what my 2018 is worth with a lot less miles................

and what hey paid for it............ £32?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

That looks a great deal to me, I’m sure you could find a GTS of that year from an independent dealer for less but would you want to?
My 2015 S came with 33 months AP warranty , it’s not just the pace of mind going forward but the knowledge that it’s never been out of warranty so has been cosseted by Porsche since new.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Been following the story over on the BMW forum so hope all goes well when you view.

You are actually starting on here at a good position as we normally try to talk anyone seeking a used Macan to push themselves up to a GTS model. You have already realised it’s the model to get so all you need now is to get behind the wheel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Actually I am suggesting forget about a GTS.

There are quite a few Macan Turbo PP models for sale and I would much prefer a Turbo PP in preference to a GTS.

The Turbo PP has the same suspension setup as a GTS but has 80 more horses under the bonnet.

I have driven a PP at the PEC and they are awesome.

PS
I case you are unaware of the pecking order of Porsche models it is:-

Base, T, S, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S then specials like GT3/GT4 etc

In the case of a Macan the Turbo S was not used they chose to call the top of the Macan range the Turbo PP.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

That’s a good spec and with the Porsche warranty a decent buy 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:17 pm Welcome.

Actually I am suggesting forget about a GTS.

There are quite a few Macan Turbo PP models for sale and I would much prefer a Turbo PP in preference to a GTS.

The Turbo PP has the same suspension setup as a GTS but has 80 more horses under the bonnet.

I have driven a PP at the PEC and they are awesome.

PS
I case you are unaware of the pecking order of Porsche models it is:-

Base, T, S, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S then specials like GT3/GT4 etc

In the case of a Macan the Turbo S was not used they chose to call the top of the Macan range the Turbo PP.
Only one approved used Turbo PP for sale at present https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... tion=95b-i

No air and 21 wheels would put me off, as listed £8 k more, heavier insurance, Gen1 3.6 litre is 2 to 5 mpg worse on fuel
Last edited by pmg on Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

That's nearly a 3 year warranty...check with OPC if that's really the case. Normal is 2 years for used. Great deal if it is nearly 3 years 👍
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160