GTS Gen 1 2016 - Reserve deposit placed

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Any update on this? Or is the OP enjoying his 911 loaner?

Picking my GTS up this morning following the big 6 year service. They commented on rear subframe corrosion that isn’t covered under warranty. May be worth checking this on collection day. Mine has just turned 6 and 35k miles.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

pmg

Post by pmg »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:17 am Any update on this? Or is the OP enjoying his 911 loaner?

Picking my GTS up this morning following the big 6 year service. They commented on rear subframe corrosion that isn’t covered under warranty. May be worth checking this on collection day. Mine has just turned 6 and 35k miles.
Why are they saying corrosion not covered. I am not seeing any applicable exclusion in approved used warranty wording. Irrespective would not the hew car 12 year corrosion warranty apply?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I was told its excluded from the 12 year warranty due to the position of it being subject to road salt etc. please prove them wrong
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:35 pm I was told its excluded from the 12 year warranty due to the position of it being subject to road salt etc. please prove them wrong
"1.6.3. a manufacturing warranty that the factory engineered bodywork shall withstand corrosion for a
period of twelve (12) years from the Warranty Commencement Date (the “Long Term
Warranty”), where a corrosion in the sense of the Paint Warranty and the Long Term
Warranty is a sheet metal perforation on the body that has progressed from the inside (cavity)
to the outside."

or mention of road salt here or anywhere else in warranty wording
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

pmg wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:45 pm
Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:35 pm I was told its excluded from the 12 year warranty due to the position of it being subject to road salt etc. please prove them wrong
"1.6.3. a manufacturing warranty that the factory engineered bodywork shall withstand corrosion for a
Warranty”), where a corrosion in the sense of the Paint Warranty and the Long Term
Warranty is a sheet metal perforation on the body that has progressed from the inside (cavity)
to the outside."

Isn't your quote above for bodywork though? Subframe is a structural component
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:24 pm
to the outside."

Agreed. Subframe is not ‘bodywork’. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:24 pm
to the outside."

I would argue subframe is part of bodywork (in the same way another subframe , a door is part of bodywork) if not then a suspension or drive train component then if you follow not bodywork we fall back on the approved general claims:-

"What is covered?
1.Subject to the Policy exclusions set out on the following pages and the general terms and conditions, you are entitled to have any systems or component replaced free of charge on Your Vehicle, if it is found to have a manufacturing defect,provided that:
a)The Policy premium has been paid;
b)Your Vehicle is a Porsche standard production model (excluding Carrera GT and the 918 Spyder);
c)Your warranty claim is made within the Period of Cover; and
d)Your Vehicle is under 15 years old or a 993 model (excluding 993 model types 911 GT2 and 993 RS).
Vehicle systems/covered:
•Engine
•Fuel/cooling system
•Drivetrain/transmission
•Suspension/steering
•Braking system
•Heating/air conditioning system
•Electrical system
•Bodywork "

road salt is not mentioned, subframe is either suspension or drivetrain or both

wear and tear exclusions do not seem to apply sub frame road salt issue

"Below is an exhaustive list of items commonly subject to wear and tear, which if fail due to wear and tear will not be covered by Your Policy:
•Wiper blades
•Tyres
•Brake pads and brake discs
•Shock absorber
•Clutch disc and clutch pressure plate
•Drive belt including deflection and tensioning roller
•Spark plugs
•Batteries (incl. high-voltage batteries)
•Expansion tank PDCC
•Refrigerant
•All bulbs (excluding Xenon and LED lamps)
•All filters, fluids, oils, and greases

They are not arguing not bodywork, not suspension, or not drivetrain but trying to claim an exclusion for corrosion by road salt which is not present in either warranty
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

pmg wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:23 pm .....
if it is found to have a manufacturing defect,......
ie you have to show that the corrosion occurred as a result of the protective coatings not being applied correctly at manufacturer, whether it is bodywork or chassis etc.

99.9% of underbody perforations will be the result of stone chips etc. So proving manufacturer defect will be difficult given the robotised processes involved.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

As a follow on. During Covid I had my sons car fail its MOT due to excessive rust on the subframe. The rust was only surface, yes it was flakey but there was no perforation or structural weakness, so why it failed was beyond me.
It took twenty minutes to get underneath to wire brush and kurust it. Five minutes the following day to spray with underseal. Got the MOT and WBAC gave him a very good price.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Time to get the Waxoil out, or will that void the warranty?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP