All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Urban Myth.

Smaller more lythe porkers required for ol;dies
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

macanboi

Post by macanboi »

I have a lot of sympathy with the original post.

I love my Macan but boy do I find it frustrating to drive a lot of the time.
Nothing related to the car or its qualities.
But :
1 the state of the roads,
2 the number of other cars on the road( whenever I get to a fun piece of road i seem to get some old banger or stream of old bangers turn in front and i'm sitting frustrated behind them.
3 speed limits have notched up too many points since getting the Macan
4. the behavior of other drivers when driving the Macan. Other car is a learner driver base Polo for the kids and never see such behavior when driving that.
Get idiots in old Corsas or white vans insisting on racing and driving super erratically to prove some kind of pointless point and in some cases nearly causing major accidents.

I live in Berkshire so appreciate other areas may provide a much better experience.

Its such a shame as the car is wonderful.
andreas

Post by andreas »

The products are, by and large, exceptionally good. Wouldn't it be nice if the OPC experience were anywhere near as good?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
sussexjob

Post by sussexjob »

Hi first post so be gentle.
Past ex 911owner (2y) who had reliability problems with the brand so purchased a newish cerbera (15y and counting) and oddly more reliable-more fun and less to worry as everything is lots cheaper.
Last 8 years 2 Range rovers, loved but last stolen so thought as a year away from official OAP would try something smaller, fun and a physical key in the dash.
So found a main dealer, 2 owner 3yo Macan that I loved the drive, but in 2 weeks nothing but intermittent warning lights coming up, so got full refund.
Fast forward a month and most vehicles 3/4 old seem to have the same amount of owners and wondering why are they that unreliable ? also what others have peeps considered, I just want performance, looks and a key!
pmg

Post by pmg »

sussexjob wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:15 am Hi first post so be gentle.
Past ex 911owner (2y) who had reliability problems with the brand so purchased a newish cerbera (15y and counting) and oddly more reliable-more fun and less to worry as everything is lots cheaper.
Last 8 years 2 Range rovers, loved but last stolen so thought as a year away from official OAP would try something smaller, fun and a physical key in the dash.
So found a main dealer, 2 owner 3yo Macan that I loved the drive, but in 2 weeks nothing but intermittent warning lights coming up, so got full refund.
Fast forward a month and most vehicles 3/4 old seem to have the same amount of owners and wondering why are they that unreliable ? also what others have peeps considered, I just want performance, looks and a key!
Welcome and hope if you pursue to another Macan better outcome

If you look at Macan specifically rather than Porsche in the global reliability surveys, it shows well on reliability. the sport cars have a purer historic record but with improved recent performance.

In the weeks you had the car, how were using it. If a lot of short journeys, the battery level can fade/drain and low battery can generate a lot of sensor warnings. That is solved by putting the car on a CTEK or other battery charger whilst home. The other main cause of sensor warnings tend to be abs sensors. If one failing that can trigger warnings you would not think directly related.

3years old would put production in 2020 in the height of the pandemic when manufacturers started to have parts supply issues and switched suppliers at short notice, That could also be behind the issues you had.

There are a lot of Macans around with several owners because with the low depreciation some owners got in the habit of putting a deposit down for their next one as they took delivery and regularly rowing forward. I do not think that situation is reliability related
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sussexjob

Post by sussexjob »

Thanks for the reply.

All journeys most days were a minimum of 50 miles, the first being from the dealer 120 miles where I had the headlight Dynamic Light System Plus error came up twice, so bugging me had a drive the next day and that disappeard but returned every other day, then a system failure light came up twice and the Apple play connection started playing up (cable changed 3 times) all in all definitely felt like a friday afternoon build, OPC seem to know what was going on and didn't question refund.