Is it worth owning a Porsche?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:47 am
MacanArif wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:41 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:22 pm I think everyone’s summed it up pretty well. Do I need four cars and two motorcycles? No. But I’ve been a car and bike enthusiast all my life and I’m enjoying all my vehicles all the time. Of course there will come a time when I can’t any more, so let’s enjoy it while we can!
Spot on Nick - thank god healthy enough to enjoy sports cars at the moment so going to make the most of it, there will come a time when I can't physically get into a 911!
Arif

It is not the getting in that is, or rather, will be the problem.

It will be getting out.
:lol: Someone described to me how an 80 year old he knows get's out of his Ferrari, it involved putting both hands out onto the ground and then the body following. Quite a spectacle from the mental image.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I love Porsche as a brand but fear that for me, their cars are becoming too big, too expensive and too electric.

The Macan really suits me (I’m on my 3rd!), but I won’t be ready to go electric for some time yet, and in that reincarnation it may well be out of my price range. A plug-in hybrid version would be of interest, but it’s not on the cards.

I see that 911s now basically all start in 6 figures. Couldn’t you get a new one for a fraction of that price just 5 or 6 years ago?

The Cayenne, Taycan and Panamera are too large for my liking (as was suggested by someone above). I can’t see any appealing competitors to the Macan, so I’m really not sure what I’ll do when it’s time to change.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Makanik wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:27 am I love Porsche as a brand but fear that for me, their cars are becoming too big, too expensive and too electric.

The Macan really suits me (I’m on my 3rd!), but I won’t be ready to go electric for some time yet, and in that reincarnation it may well be out of my price range. A plug-in hybrid version would be of interest, but it’s not on the cards.

I see that 911s now basically all start in 6 figures. Couldn’t you get a new one for a fraction of that price just 5 or 6 years ago?

The Cayenne, Taycan and Panamera are too large for my liking (as was suggested by someone above). I can’t see any appealing competitors to the Macan, so I’m really not sure what I’ll do when it’s time to change.
The size doesn't suit me either. The Panamera at times was a lovely car but just huge. Driving on motorways they are all obviously lovely to drive but on smaller roads and when trying to park (to avoid getting dents etc.) they are not so good.

All cars seem really expensive just now :roll:
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Agree. Porsche could consider a sub Macan size vehicle.........................
but I guess there are not the profit margins. I love my Macan but it is too big for comfortable parking in my part of the world.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

bennachie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:45 am .... it is too big for comfortable parking in my part of the world.
As any woman will tell you size is a male preoccupation and its not as big as you think. :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The Macan is quite a wide car. It’s about 3cm wider than my Merc.
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:24 am
bennachie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:45 am .... it is too big for comfortable parking in my part of the world.
As any woman will tell you size is a male preoccupation and its not as big as you think. :D

😂😂
If substituting for a car, mine would be a fiat 500, but the arbarth version 😳😳
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
2017 Macan

Post by 2017 Macan »

I would say yes.

I still can't believe I am a Porsche owner, six years after buying mine. I still pinch myself when I open the garage and see the badge.

It's only the fourth car I've owned in my life (Astra-Corolla-brief Audi A3 flirtation-Porsche), so was a big step up. It's just a basic 2.0l, not massively-specced vehicle but it's plenty nippy enough for my needs. I don't use it much round town (we have great cycling infrastructure and public transport where I live), but on a run it is so comfortable and purrs along all day. And I feel able to look down on BMW drivers, ho ho ;)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:22 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:47 am
MacanArif wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:41 am

Spot on Nick - thank god healthy enough to enjoy sports cars at the moment so going to make the most of it, there will come a time when I can't physically get into a 911!
Arif

It is not the getting in that is, or rather, will be the problem.

It will be getting out.
:lol: Someone described to me how an 80 year old he knows get's out of his Ferrari, it involved putting both hands out onto the ground and then the body following. Quite a spectacle from the mental image.
Street cred goes right out of the window.

IMG_4417.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:24 am
Nope, not been told that. Where have you heard that :lol: