Vibration through accelerator pedal

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Query -
I recently bought a used Macan Turbo - registered Dec 2020 (ie Gen 2) and with approx 17,000 miles on the clock.
Whilst driving along, I have noticed a buzz-like vibration through the accelerator pedal. Only while moving - when stationary and revving the engine, there is no similar vibration.. It doesn't get worse with speed. I'm almost certain its not a wheel balance or tracking issue - both checked. I can also feel it as a front seat passenger, resting my foot on the front of the footwell.
Engine mounts? transmission? or the transfer box (although the classic transfer box symptoms are not there)?

Has anyone else experienced such a fine high-frequency vibration through the pedals. I don't want to over-egg it, but after a journey the ball of my foot is slightly numb from the vibration.

kalniel

Post by kalniel »

Prop shaft bearing
Craig Nicholls

Post by Craig Nicholls »

I just got a Macan s 2019 12000 on the clock
Same issue
This is my second Macan 2017 with no issues
Checked it in Porsche to have it checked out
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Any number of issues could cause this. You say bought recently, from an OPC? If you’re still within a warranty period then I’d suggest you get the suppling dealer to look at it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A Macan is fly by wire so there is most likely some mechanical issue on the drive train setting up the vibration of the bodywork which is feeding along the accelerator mechanism.

An OPC or return to supplier if still under their warranty
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Veraldan

Post by Veraldan »

Since you've already checked the wheel balance and tracking, it's probably a good idea to have a pro take a closer look.