Porsche Nav Connect etc

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

I let my subscription lapse 10 months ago as I found myself not using it.

I'm driving the Macan to South of France monday and tempted to renew my subscription as I like the Nav terrain & Live traffic. Question is can I get Live traffic with Waze & Google Maps? I remember the app and connect services being quite poor for the price and it'll also cost me a daily roaming charge of £2.00 for my Data sim.

If I renew is it an immediate reactivation ? or codes and problems? as it was when I first paid the fee and subscribed!!?

So stick with carplay and use Waze or Google maps or subscribe to Porsche Connect? tomorrow in the hope it'll be activated in time
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I use Apple Maps and Waze wherever I hire a car and it works great 😉

Data roaming on O2 is included in my tariff. Who are u with that want to charge £2.00 a day?
Macan S MY 2023
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

It's Sky mobile.... which happens to be 02 I believe!
pmg

Post by pmg »

MTUK wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:28 pm It's Sky mobile.... which happens to be 02 I believe!
The fact that Sky are are on the same UK network does not mean they adopt the sane attitude to EU roaming. My understanding is EU roaming not free at Sky Mobile :-

"Plan to use your phone abroad?
Our Roaming Passport Plus pass (£2 a day) lets you access your UK data, calls and text allowances in over 55 popular holiday destinations, including the EU/EEA*, the USA, Australia and more. If you’re roaming in other far-away destinations, ‘Rest of the world’ roaming charges may apply."
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I 'think' your Navigation subscription renewal would be pretty quick, minutes or a few hours I'm guessing rather than days. The Connect Store FAQ says 'When is an ordered service available in the vehicle?
Services you have ordered will be displayed in the PCM the next time you restart your vehicle provided your vehicle is connected to the Internet.' Updating the French maps OTA might take a little longer but is doable and advisable.

But if you do go the third party app route just don't get caught using it for speed cameras. Penalties in France can be severe!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good luck.

It took about three moths to renew my lapsed Connect+ service.

The My Porsche app required proof of ownership, but the app would not allow any action.

Had to upload the info via My Porsche website, and then the system sat there with a “Information being checked” splash page.

Three months later nothing, had to do it again and after a couple of weeks it worked, well sort of, live traffic etc works a treat, Sat Nav updates do not work it just sits there.

As for a DATA SIM there are preloaded SIM’s out there, mine is with Three and something like 24Gb valid for 2 years, for a one off £36 or there about.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:27 am I 'think' your Navigation subscription renewal would be pretty quick, minutes or a few hours I'm guessing rather than days. The Connect Store FAQ says 'When is an ordered service available in the vehicle?
Services you have ordered will be displayed in the PCM the next time you restart your vehicle provided your vehicle is connected to the Internet.' Updating the French maps OTA might take a little longer but is doable and advisable.

But if you do go the third party app route just don't get caught using it for speed cameras. Penalties in France can be severe!
I've renewed ...... Nav available immediately. Better look into updating Lower Brittany now !
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:07 am Good luck.

It took about three moths to renew my lapsed Connect+ service.

The My Porsche app required proof of ownership, but the app would not allow any action.

Had to upload the info via My Porsche website, and then the system sat there with a “Information being checked” splash page.

Three months later nothing, had to do it again and after a couple of weeks it worked, well sort of, live traffic etc works a treat, Sat Nav updates do not work it just sits there.

As for a DATA SIM there are preloaded SIM’s out there, mine is with Three and something like 24Gb valid for 2 years, for a one off £36 or there about.
I think you're correct!! Porsche Connect Services do not work when roaming in France. Car will not connect to PCM sim "Porsche Connect Services Currently not available".
I really can't be bothered with the hassle of waiting months on end to get services activated, which I can get on apple carplay for nothing. It's lucky I have apple car play here on holiday in France and I didn't rely on Porsche Connect !!!! I'll contact them for a refund
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

^^^^^ Porsche Connect Services does work in France, as my Macan was receiving traffic and map updates, whilst on holiday in France during the past three years, so I think your problem may be an activation one.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

AllanG wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:50 am ^^^^^ Porsche Connect Services does work in France, as my Macan was receiving traffic and map updates, whilst on holiday in France during the past three years, so I think your problem may be an activation one.
+1, or some other issue at least. My Connect services worked fine in France, both with the embedded SIM and now with a Three pre-paid SIM. Could it be Roaming not turned on?

In the PCM, select Phone/OPT button/Set Phone/Data connection - set Roaming to on with a tick in the check box.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA