Post by SAC1 »

Michelin are available in 103Y (load /speed rating) in N2

Screenshot_20230829_193756_Chrome.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Is not the difference that Michelin have revised/updated their design forSport Latitude 3's and N2 denotes a fresh approval by Porsche. Pirelli on the other hand have only had one version of P zeros that have been N approved.

My understanding that Porsche is about to move to N approvals by car model with the N followed ay a letter dependant on the specific car model i.e Cayenne, Macan, 718 etc

below Macan extract from Porsche 2019 Summer N approved tyres list , the last published on Porsche web site. You will see at this stage all NO

2019 Macan N approved tyres.jpg

2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
RGS

Post by RGS »

As stated in my posts, I recently changed my tyres to Michelin N2's all round, that is now the factory standard and a brand new Macan at Silverstone has them fitted.
pmg

Post by pmg »

to illustrate the point about different N numbers being time approval based, here is the 987 list with from N0 to N4

2019 987 Boxer Cayman approved tyres.jpg

2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I was delighted to see the pics above PMG, so thank you.
I’ve looked on the Porsche site, and now there is another N type, and I’ve seen these for sale too - NE0. So it looks like there is no N2’s for the Macan, and after that it’s about figuring out if it’s a N0 or NE0. I wish the OPC could be more helpful. It would be easier to replace all four to Mitchelins, but I only need/want one tyre, so it’ll have to match up. Maybe there is a sticker in the sat that I’ve not had to notice before :)

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesa ... rts/tyres/

CodingFollowing the N, a second letter indicates the model line and a number the tyre version. Further details can be found in each tyre’s technical data.For example, the Porsche Macan tyre will be marked NE0, indicating:
N – approved by Porsche
E – fits the Porsche Macan
0 – the first specific configuration (of structure, compound, tread, etc.) with serial approval, higher numbers stand for later approved versions of the tyre with differing specifications.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Seems I'm not alone in being confused by all this. What tyre spec to you currently have on the car? The single replacement should be the same make and spec (N rating) if at all possible. If not available, then fit a pair the same to that end of the car and then match them all when the other pair need replacing. Get the OPC to do one of the above options in order to protect warranty etc.

I understand your concern about the damaged tyre and that you're not happy to drive with it but the OPC would be highly unlikely to recommend you continue to use it unless it is safe to do so. But it is your choice if you want to replace it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SanPorMGTS - did you get a second opinion on the condition of the tyre? as I suggested aboeve.

What is the "damage" that you mention? Can you post a photo of it.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I’ve asked the OPC for what tyre I have and should get, warranty wise. They sent me Mitchelin specs, I explained I’ve got Pirelli on the request, and followed up again on that point, and they’ve not come back to me.

No photo or third opinion, I don’t get to collect the car after almost four weeks until tomorrow.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

What’s the matter with the car that’s caused it to be at the OPC for 4 weeks?
Macan S MY 2023