New tyre

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I have a problem, my cameras have never worked properly and it would have been in my earlier posts after I got the car.

Very long story short, the story can be for another day… The AA have said they’d not drive the car long distance because one of the tyres got damaged. As such the car was brought to the OPC to have its issues sorted out by the AA (Porsche Assistance).

The OPC called me now, to say the car tyre is fine to drive on - it’s cosmetic. I’m not comfortable about this, and I do have a long distance drive coming up again.

How would you feel, if the AA said one thing and the OPC said something else?

How do I go about finding a tyre place that will fit a suitable new tyre? I’ve just realised, will they have to fit two new front ones, even if one is only damaged?

Is there a chain you’d recommend? Im assuming it’s better price wise to use someone else that will meet the Porsche spec, then again, it’s more convenient if Porsche sort it. I’m in South London, the car is currently at the OPC. :( I’m not comfortable driving it back here at all.
Last edited by SanPorMGTS on Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Hi,
I have to admit to being totally confused by your post.
What happened to damage the tyre?
Why were the AA / Porsche Assistance called out?
What have the tyres got to do with the 'cameras' not working?
What peevs you about having to pay for a tyre if you have damaged it?
Any pictures of the damaged tyre?

Sorry, I'm lost
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

...also, I believe this site uses google as a search engine. When you search, once you get past the adverts you will see relevant search results from this forum
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I suggest that you take your Porsche to a quality tyre dealer. ATS Euromaster, owned by Michelin, for example. They will tell you if your tyre is fit for purpose.

There are online, mobile and bricks & mortar tyre dealers available to you in London. Perhaps start by getting an online price - Blackcircles, Halfords. Oponeo etc. Make sure that they are Porsche approved N rated , if you want to preserve your Porsche warranty. Once you have some sample prices by make and model of tyre, then you can buy online or use it to negotiate with an OPC or fixed or mobile tyre supplier. Good luck!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thank you so much :) let me work on that then :) :)

I’ll see what tyres I have … hopefully I’ve that written down somewhere…

Btw edited my post - easier …. And thanks re the google ads :)
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Not sure why you think the OPC should cover the cost of a damaged tyre, unless it’s been an issue since new. For peace of mind and the easiest (but not the cheapest) option, just get the OPC to fit a new tyre. Agree with comments above confusing post. If there is more of a story to tell please do.
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

I am now reading between the lines and think the issue may be that you have damaged a tyre because your 360 camera’s are not correctly aligned. Probably got it all wrong!
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

They never worked on arrival at destination and were temperamental on starting the car. Could never trust them and being a new driver, to be safe - hence originally adding any option I could to the car…

Btw I love the car so much, just hate parking it because of the cameras.. there was an incident where I used the park button, instead of parallel parking, it perpendicular parked, across a road…

Otherwise fab car, just the best :)

But not the full story… I’m probably reacting now today, swamped at work and with other stuff, so under pressure and just want things to be simple.. things should just be simple, no fuss :)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Unless you've done a ton of mileage or regularly go to the race track you don't need to replace both tyres.

Did the tyre get punctured? If not then I'm with the OPC in that it doesn't need replacing. A photo would help.
Macan S MY 2023
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thanks guys, I’ll hopefully have photo on Thursday when I pick her up again. Let’s see how things go before I utter another word….

If I’ve to get a new tyre, I emailed the OPC with the spec and to get confirmation that I’d not break the warranty. I’ve Pirelli tyres and the OPC confirmed back details of Mitchelin tyres. They obviously matched the below, but Mitchelin states N2 tyres. I followed up with OPC to double check the Mitchelin/Pirelli point. I can only find N0 online for Pirelli.

Are there N2 for Pirelli, before I spend another hour on dead ends? :) I can see N2’s, but not based on the below for Pirelli.

FA: 265/40 R21 101Y
RA: 295/35 R21 103Y