Is tracker fitted to GTS as standard

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

I'm thinking of changing my SD for a new GTS.
LV insurance insist that a tracker is fitted.
So the question is - do Porsche fit one as standard and if so how much is the annual? subscription etc.
Thanks Andrew

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

trialframe wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:27 am I'm thinking of changing my SD for a new GTS.
LV insurance insist that a tracker is fitted.
So the question is - do Porsche fit one as standard and if so how much is the annual? subscription etc.
Thanks Andrew
The Porsche Vehicle Tracking System Plus (PVTS Plus) is fitted as standard but you need to arrange a subscription via Vodafone to activate (don’t know how much it is).
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

It's expensive. I started a thread on fitting £30 trackers as an alternative
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

OK I'll search for your thread. Thanks
pmg

Post by pmg »

The insurer mis likely to have a requirement re standard of tracker to be fitted

https://www.lv.com/car-insurance/what-t ... for-my-car

"The tracker must allow real time tracking of the car, i.e. you can see it travelling along a road, not just where you parked it last. This means things like AirTags or Tile trackers (which require other people with the same technology nearby to locate it), aren't suitable for and aren't eligible."
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Find a different insurer is my suggestion. This all seems like a huge mechanism for avoiding a pay out 😉
Macan S MY 2023
pmg

Post by pmg »

Or change the GTs to a S or T, ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: as I think LV's tracker requirement is triggered by value of car?? I think i read a post somewhere stating so
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I was with LV before moving over to Porsche and they mandated a tracker on a car valued at £75k.

So nothing new with them but probably worth asking at what value now triggers the tracker requirement.

Now I’m with NFU and no tracker was mandated when I bought the Turbo
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm with LV now and no tracker is required. Back in 2019 when in talking to Aviva re insurance change for the new Macan I asked if a tracker would reduce the premium. The answer was "no, not in your postcode but it would be REQUIRED in some others". I didn't get it activated.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I'm with LV= and no traker is required for my GTS. As Neil says, the traker requirement is probably due to specfic postcodes.

NFU have always given me the highest car insurance quote. Ironic as I live in a rural farming area.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver