Taycan prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Bad news from downunder!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/urg ... hover&ei=5

Screenshot 2023-10-10 083149.png

More than 230 Porsche Taycan electric vehicles recalled.
The recall comes after two battery fires occured in Australia.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

andreas

Post by andreas »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:36 am Bad news from downunder!

More than 230 Porsche Taycan electric vehicles recalled.
The recall comes after two battery fires occured in Australia.
That's the same recall I mentioned in mid-September...

viewtopic.php?t=13741
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

RGS wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:21 pm Watched the MacMaster on YouTube last night, not only has he lost thousands on his Taycan, his insurance has gone up from £600 to £3,100. Plus a recent survey has revealed the Porsche Taycan to be the most unreliable EV ! There are lots of videos showing Chinese EV's experiencing spontaneous combustion but I was surprised to see a video of a Taycan going up in flames in China of all places. ! Not surprising that many insurance companies are evaluating the extra risks involving EV's or not insuring them at all.
And not just car insurers. The spontaneous combustion issue with EV's, and the more critical issue with not being able to easily put them out is going to start making home insurers start to evaluate risks. How long before "Do you own an EV, where is kept" etc start to appear on home insurance questionaires?

I know some landlord insurers are getting nervous about apartment block underground car parks, and EV's being parked, even the ones that don't allow chargers to be installed.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

GeeRam wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:02 am
RGS wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:21 pm Watched the MacMaster on YouTube last night, not only has he lost thousands on his Taycan, his insurance has gone up from £600 to £3,100. Plus a recent survey has revealed the Porsche Taycan to be the most unreliable EV ! There are lots of videos showing Chinese EV's experiencing spontaneous combustion but I was surprised to see a video of a Taycan going up in flames in China of all places. ! Not surprising that many insurance companies are evaluating the extra risks involving EV's or not insuring them at all.
And not just car insurers. The spontaneous combustion issue with EV's, and the more critical issue with not being able to easily put them out is going to start making home insurers start to evaluate risks. How long before "Do you own an EV, where is kept" etc start to appear on home insurance questionaires?

I know some landlord insurers are getting nervous about apartment block underground car parks, and EV's being parked, even the ones that don't allow chargers to be installed.
Guy round the corner from me is parking his brand new Tesla under his carport. Their bedroom is above it. If the car goes up, they'll probably die as a consequence given how intense and fast EV's burn. I suspect the majority of people don't know about EV fires, as the MSM (as per usual) keep quite as it goes against the agenda.

And why are EV's most popular in White? Someone else a couple street away has just got a MG EV thing in White, just like new Tesla man. Talk about White goods.
andreas

Post by andreas »

wab172uk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:22 pm

And why are EV's most popular in White? Someone else a couple street away has just got a MG EV thing in White, just like new Tesla man. Talk about White goods.
No extra charge for white! Cheapskates.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

I just heard another one that happened today. The husband of one of my (German) wife’s old schoolfriends works for Porsche Group in Bavaria and one of his colleagues plugged in his ten day old, €130,000 Taycan at the office this morning and it made a massive bang and that’s one more Taycan on its way to the scrapyard. Fortunately no fire, but the car is done, kaput, it is no more, it is an ex-Taycan. Apparently everyone in the office thought a bomb had gone off, it was so loud.

Obviously no names since this was a Porsche Group employee.
Last edited by Moriarty on Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTB

Post by GTB »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:07 pm I just heard another one that happened today. The husband of one of my (German) wife’s old schoolfriends works for Porsche Group in Bavaria and one of his colleagues plugged in his ten day old, €100,000+ Taycan at the office this morning and it made a massive bang and that’s one more Taycan on its way to the scrapyard. Fortunately no fire, but the car is done, kaput, it is no more, it is an ex-Taycan. Apparently everyone in the office thought a bomb had gone off, it was so loud.

Im sure for those of you old enough to remember, the Month Python famous "Parrot" sketch and the bird being returned to the petshop!!

Maybe Porsche can resurrect that sketch with the "Taycan" being returned and customer trying to explain its expired................. :lol: :lol:

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

GTB wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:13 pm
Moriarty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:07 pm I just heard another one that happened today. The husband of one of my (German) wife’s old schoolfriends works for Porsche Group in Bavaria and one of his colleagues plugged in his ten day old, €100,000+ Taycan at the office this morning and it made a massive bang and that’s one more Taycan on its way to the scrapyard. Fortunately no fire, but the car is done, kaput, it is no more, it is an ex-Taycan. Apparently everyone in the office thought a bomb had gone off, it was so loud.

Im sure for those of you old enough to remember, the Month Python famous "Parrot" sketch and the bird being returned to the petshop!!

Maybe Porsche can resurrect that sketch with the "Taycan" being returned and customer trying to explain its expired................. :lol: :lol:

Cheers GTB
I wonder if his insurance company will try to tell him his Taycan is not dead, it’s sleeping. Pining for the forests, maybe.
GTB

Post by GTB »

EV car fires while charging have been reported in the past, and will apprear to increase, thats simply because of the numbers purchased over last few years, but also the age of the older EV cars are indeed getting older, so law of averages simply says more fires.

Now in my world of work with fuels/filling stations, construction of buildings and use and layout of their facilities must comply with the fire order legislation, so devolved nations have slightly diffrent from England. Falls into protection of Life and protection of property.

To help there is a document RC59 that is published by the RISC Authority (Fire Ptotection Association) who are a group of the largest insurers in the UK and their technical guru's. That basically have published a guide to help those doing the fire risk assessmnet about where EV chargers are installed and EV cars are parked when charging.

Although not aimed at Domestic premises the document is for industrial/commercial and retail business the extract below gives you an idea of what is suggested for business premises. My opinion is ok a single dwelling house may have one possibly two EV's parked outside charging but to me the risk is still a very hot fire with poisoness smoke and people could be sleeping in a room upstairs on same elevation as the driveway. For those with charging inside a garage attached to the house to me a greater risk. Anyway read below and see the distances etc etc that is being advised on business premises, then think of ones home.

RC59 Extract.jpg

Does make you wonder what small print we may start seeing on our own home insurance products.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

So in a nutshell, car insurers want cars to be parked on the property to reduce risk of damage and the property insurer wants the cars to be parked away from the property to reduce the risk of collateral damage from a fire.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )