My Experience Day... experience.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I thought I'd write up my Experience day experience so that you can all read about my experience, ready perhaps for your own Experience Day experience. Experiencing the Experience Day was an unforgettable experience that's up there with some of the best car experiences I've experienced.

deep breaths

It was a really fun day out. Had some great tuition from my instructor who taught me how to push the car on through their handing track to feel the grip that is on offer - I actually started to get quite quick, easily catching up various 911's going around at the same time. The car is truly phenomenal, when you're hitting the racing lines and apex's you totally forget that you're in an SUV - it feels like it has just as much right to be on that track as anything else. Whilst you're not 'racing' in any sense, you're definitely driving in a way that's just not possible on public roads - so from that perspective it's quite fun.

The Macan GTS I was driving that day had Power Steering Plus - which my GTS does not have. It was immediately noticeable. It was quite pleasant at low/parking speeds, but once we were underway it reminded me of my Audi's very electronic steering. Overall I think I prefer without, but I can understand why one would spec this for daily driving.

I also noticed how in 'normal' mode the car had a much more aggressive gear change - it almost felt like sport mode was on. I commented to my instructor, who said that because the PDK learns your driving style, and because this car gets thrashed around their track all day long, the PDK is essentially always in its most 'aggressive' setting.

Finally - the food was incredible. You won't go hungry - they pile you with the most delicious meals and snacks throughout the day. My partner who shared the day was more impressed with her lunch!

They also had some very nice cars unlocked and open for you to explore - this is probably the only time I'll ever get to sit in a Sport Classic or a GT3RS!

Pictures below:

And one for the nerds: A GT3, GT3RS and Dakar all in one picture:

Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Plyphon wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:12 pm I thought I'd write up my Experience day experience so that you can all read about my experience, ready perhaps for your own Experience Day experience. Experiencing the Experience Day was an unforgettable experience that's up there with some of the best car experiences I've experienced.

deep breaths

It was a really fun day out. Had some great tuition from my instructor who taught me how to push the car on through their handing track to feel the grip that is on offer - I actually started to get quite quick, easily catching up various 911's going around at the same time. The car is truly phenomenal, when you're hitting the racing lines and apex's you totally forget that you're in an SUV - it feels like it has just as much right to be on that track as anything else. Whilst you're not 'racing' in any sense, you're definitely driving in a way that's just not possible on public roads - so from that perspective it's quite fun.

The Macan GTS I was driving that day had Power Steering Plus - which my GTS does not have. It was immediately noticeable. It was quite pleasant at low/parking speeds, but once we were underway it reminded me of my Audi's very electronic steering. Overall I think I prefer without, but I can understand why one would spec this for daily driving.

I also noticed how in 'normal' mode the car had a much more aggressive gear change - it almost felt like sport mode was on. I commented to my instructor, who said that because the PDK learns your driving style, and because this car gets thrashed around their track all day long, the PDK is essentially always in its most 'aggressive' setting.

Finally - the food was incredible. You won't go hungry - they pile you with the most delicious meals and snacks throughout the day. My partner who shared the day was more impressed with her lunch!

They also had some very nice cars unlocked and open for you to explore - this is probably the only time I'll ever get to sit in a Sport Classic or a GT3RS!

Pictures below:

And one for the nerds: A GT3, GT3RS and Dakar all in one picture:

Is the GT3 RS in Papaya?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Nordic Gold Metallic by my reckoning!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I bought my ex demo back in April and assumed that as it wasn't new I wouldn't get an invitation for the "experience". Well ,out of the blue, had an email last week with an invite to book a slot. 300 mile round trip but well worth it according to the reviews on here.
Jamie87

Post by Jamie87 »

Sounds like you had an amazing day, did you split the driving to so wifey got a drive ??

We had our day there last Friday. As you say, it’s an experience !! The day totally blow us away and launch control / emergency stops are great fun.
We had a light blue macan gts and I’m almost certain that the gt3 you pictured was in the track with us !!

Did you notice, every track car there, the licence plate started with R
Jamie87

Post by Jamie87 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:15 pm I bought my ex demo back in April and assumed that as it wasn't new I wouldn't get an invitation for the "experience". Well ,out of the blue, had an email last week with an invite to book a slot. 300 mile round trip but well worth it according to the reviews on here.
Same, 350mile round trip. We stayed on site at the Hilton.
Got it for £89 as we were having the experience day the following. Maybe worth a night away with miss scooby
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:15 pm I bought my ex demo back in April and assumed that as it wasn't new I wouldn't get an invitation for the "experience". Well ,out of the blue, had an email last week with an invite to book a slot. 300 mile round trip but well worth it according to the reviews on here.
I'm sure you can plan a route that makes it a 400 mile round trip and a delightful commute too!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Ditto, was really surprised, it’s a ball ache of a drive from Newcastle, I used to travel to Milton Keynes on business and stay overnight, looking to do that when I can get sorted out diary wise.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Agree, this really is one of the best parts of buying another Porsche, far better than any of the dealership buying experiences.
I had 2 days only 14 days apart and it's amazing what you can take from one experience to the next, I was far quicker second time.
Worth asking if you can have a play in something else, I got out in a 911 Targa 4S as well as my normal running in a BGTS 4.0. Whilst impressive you could really feel all the electric gizmos keeping it in check.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Had my latest experience there a couple of weeks ago. For the first time i could also take the kids and it’s such a great day out. Highly recommend having a go on the Batak machine in the fitness lab if you have time and like the challenge.

This time I drove a 911 but then had half hour at the end in a Taycan GTS. It would be fair to say that none of my 2 instructors on the day were big fans of the move to electric.

Last time I was there it seemed like most attendees were driving Taycans. This time I think there was possibly only one other.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )