MY24 Macan - Any updates?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Kiernan wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:09 am
Marksy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:01 pm
IanGent wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:49 pm If its both of those I will be a happy bunny, either one will be nice. Anyone in the know on here ?
Sorry to confuse you with my post. The Electric Steering Column is back as an option, not standard.
Can I ask if this is definite about the electric steering column? I've just put a deposit down on a Macan and quite fancy this. The dealer hasn't mentioned it and there's nothing on the configurator, so any additional information would be appreciated. Any idea on how much it will cost?

Thanks.
This was part of my original spec before it got removed and I was uptight about it at the time. However, I've never missed this feature for a single moment and defintely wouldn't pay extra for it. At the time it came with the 14 way seats as part of the included memory package.

Having just had the comfort entry update added I also think this feature is a complete waste of time as you can't pre-set the seat movement and it only moves a few inches. I used it for a day then switched it off :D
Macan S MY 2023

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:27 am
This was part of my original spec before it got removed and I was uptight about it at the time. However, I've never missed this feature for a single moment and defintely wouldn't pay extra for it. At the time it came with the 14 way seats as part of the included memory package.

Having just had the comfort entry update added I also think this feature is a complete waste of time as you can't pre-set the seat movement and it only moves a few inches. I used it for a day then switched it off :D
Not sure why you're better without it (mine never moves, seat is always fully back) but I agree in regard of the steering column, had that from September 2019 until February this year and despite frequent use of the car by my wife, 11" shorter than me, it's absence has not been noticed, seat moves significantly but column not at all. It did LOOK good with the comfort entry lifting away but really not critical for most of us.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP