Petrol car renaissance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Now that the ICE car ban has been delayed, I think that there will be growing demand for both new and old petrol Porsches which will put the last nails in the coffin for Porsche's EV strategy . Great news in my opinion if you are thinking of selling or buying a Macan, gen 1, 2 or 3.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Given I just collected my new Macan at the back end of May this year. I've had my local OPC on the phone today asking if I want to buy a Taycan, as they have some great offers on !

If cars are flying out the showroom because people can't get enough of EV's, you don't have offers on. Nearly asked if the same offer applies to a 911?
JBA

Post by JBA »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:53 pm Given I just collected my new Macan at the back end of May this year. I've had my local OPC on the phone today asking if I want to buy a Taycan, as they have some great offers on !

If cars are flying out the showroom because people can't get enough of EV's, you don't have offers on. Nearly asked if the same offer applies to a 911?
I am hearing the same desperation from other brands trying to sell their EVs. Also I have never liked the Taycan design. It looks too wide and too long , probably to accommodate the battery etc. I really think it is the beginning of the end for EVs in their present form. Porsche really need to ensure they have a long term strategy that protects their traditional, petrol head, customer segment.

I also predict that the Macan EV will be a flop compared to the IVE version.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
andreas

Post by andreas »

JBA wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:05 pm Also I have never liked the Taycan design. It looks too wide and too long , probably to accommodate the battery etc.
But the Taycan is significantly shorter than the Panamera, although it's about an inch wider.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

andreas wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:03 pm
JBA wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:05 pm Also I have never liked the Taycan design. It looks too wide and too long , probably to accommodate the battery etc.
But the Taycan is significantly shorter than the Panamera, although it's about an inch wider.
86mm shorter on 5m long cars… not sure “significantly” would be quite the right word… 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

JBA wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:05 pm
wab172uk wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:53 pm Given I just collected my new Macan at the back end of May this year. I've had my local OPC on the phone today asking if I want to buy a Taycan, as they have some great offers on !

I am hearing the same desperation from other brands trying to sell their EVs. Also I have never liked the Taycan design. It looks too wide and too long , probably to accommodate the battery etc. I really think it is the beginning of the end for EVs in their present form. Porsche really need to ensure they have a long term strategy that protects their traditional, petrol head, customer segment.

I also predict that the Macan EV will be a flop compared to the IVE version.
Just wait till they try flogging EV Boxter's and Cayman's. I predict sales will be a fraction of what they have been. They'll sell a few on the hype of a new car. Magazines will be paid to tell the world they are brilliant and the answer to all car enthusiasts prayers. But in reality, no one really wants one, and sales figures will show it.

Taycans are being sold new as company cars. Boxter's won't be.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Jon A wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:13 pm
86mm shorter on 5m long cars… not sure “significantly” would be quite the right word… 😂
I made it 136mm, which is almost 6".
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
andreas

Post by andreas »

wab172uk wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:39 am
Taycans are being sold new as company cars. Boxter's won't be.
Quite right! Although, strictly speaking, most Taycans are being leased rather than sold, which is why Porsche has ended up with many hundreds of used ones in stock.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compar ... 17-estate/

Panamera is 8.6cm longer than Taycan.

Interestingly, the Panamera is both longer and wider than the Macan:

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compar ... ate/front/

It truly is a massive car!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Watched a YouTube episode last night showing a single Mercedes lot in the US, there were dozens of new electric SUVs saloons in the $120K to $190k range with no takers and not a single ICE to be seen. The guy who was an ex Audi dealer principal was saying that dealers would be going bust if this madness continues.