Petrol car renaissance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

At the premium level the early adopters of these cars were predominantly wealthy people who had their own businesses to put leases and purchases through. That got the ball rolling and the surge in initial sales, but those people are unlikely to be swapping them for a new one every 3 years and the amount of new buyers will rapidly diminish at £100k+. Instead of the EU butter mountain (for those old enough to remember) we could be looking at an EU EV mountain.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

JBA

Post by JBA »

wab172uk wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:39 am
JBA wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:05 pm
wab172uk wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:53 pm Given I just collected my new Macan at the back end of May this year. I've had my local OPC on the phone today asking if I want to buy a Taycan, as they have some great offers on !

If cars are flying out the showroom because people can't get enough of EV's, you don't have offers on. Nearly asked if the same offer applies to a 911?
I am hearing the same desperation from other brands trying to sell their EVs. Also I have never liked the Taycan design. It looks too wide and too long , probably to accommodate the battery etc. I really think it is the beginning of the end for EVs in their present form. Porsche really need to ensure they have a long term strategy that protects their traditional, petrol head, customer segment.

I also predict that the Macan EV will be a flop compared to the IVE version.
Just wait till they try flogging EV Boxter's and Cayman's. I predict sales will be a fraction of what they have been. They'll sell a few on the hype of a new car. Magazines will be paid to tell the world they are brilliant and the answer to all car enthusiasts prayers. But in reality, no one really wants one, and sales figures will show it.

Taycans are being sold new as company cars. Boxter's won't be.
Totally agree 👍
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024