De-Misting front screen

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

AC/vent is perfectly good if you set it up correctly. Don't forget there are three settings within the PCM as well as the buttons.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ agree. From the Good to Know App regarding air flow strength settings:

Screenshot_20230925_214945_Porsche Good to know.jpg

I set mine to Low for most of the year, but when it's over 25C (like in June and early Sept this year), I set it to Medium. Never needed the High setting.

I leave the AC on year round and never had a screen misting problem.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:15 pm
GeeRam wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:10 pm I'm not liking hearing this about the Macan having such a poor AC system.....as I've been used to very good Saab and BMW AC systems over the past 20+ years...... :shock:
Don't worry. All the 'problems' seem to be with older cars and drivers. The aircon in in my Gen3 car is fine..
Agreed. So called 'problems' with the Macan climate control are grossly overstated here. Any issues, particularly screen misting, have nearly always been shown to be due to misuse by the operator. The exceptions can be caused by occasional extremes in weather and 'perfect storm' conditions for vapour condensation on the screen, but this will affect any car.

Forums often have those who claim their experience, despite being only one in many thousands, proves the rule!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I had to change the airflow settings (now on 'high' airflow) and now it works 'fine' - but stock from the OPC I was convinced it was broken - I had to have the temp at like 28 degrees to feel any kind of warmth in the cabin (It was February when I picked the car up).

I do feel like I have to fiddle with the temperature more in the Macan. I find it won't get cool enough, quickly enough if I just leave it on 20. I have to put it to18, wait for it to cool, then put it back to 20 where it'll calm down and stay. If I just leave it on 20 it never gets cool.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Can't say I've had to go down to 18 very often to be honest. Alot depends on the external temperature.
Macan S MY 2023
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:58 pm ^^^ agree. From the Good to Know App regarding air flow strength settings:

Screenshot_20230925_214945_Porsche Good to know.jpg

I set mine to Low for most of the year, but when it's over 25C (like in June and early Sept this year), I set it to Medium. Never needed the High setting.

I leave the AC on year round and never had a screen misting problem.
It's also somewhere around 5 degrees C outside temperature that the system shuts the compressor down to avoid the risk of ice forming on the evaporator. That's the only time there's a higher risk of misting because the system is then just relying on heat to clear the window.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:11 am [quote
Any issues, particularly screen misting, have nearly always been shown to be due to misuse by the operator.
How in the world do you come to that conclusion? On a forum :lol:
I was not aware you could misuse a climate control system :roll: , it should work seamlessly as it does in just about every other modern car. Normally your posts are at the credible end of the spectrum.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Alfanut wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:44 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:11 am [quote
Any issues, particularly screen misting, have nearly always been shown to be due to misuse by the operator.
How in the world do you come to that conclusion? On a forum :lol:
I was not aware you could misuse a climate control system :roll: , it should work seamlessly as it does in just about every other modern car. Normally your posts are at the credible end of the spectrum.
Thanks for the compliment! I think! :lol:

Yes, most of us find that the climate control system on the Macan does work seamlessly, if set as the manufacturer recommends, and then left to do its thing. It's when people start twiddling knobs and pushing buttons that it all goes wrong, and quite a few on here in the past have owned up to doing just that.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

I'm probably one of those 'fiddlers', when I put the climate control on, 22 degrees and Auto come up with the fan on about half, is that right?? This doesn't change, sometimes its too warm, then what? as i'm supposed not to touch anything!!!
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

mickmichael wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:01 am I'm probably one of those 'fiddlers', when I put the climate control on, 22 degrees and Auto come up with the fan on about half, is that right?? This doesn't change, sometimes its too warm, then what? as i'm supposed not to touch anything!!!
You can freely set the temp to whatever feels comfortable.

But if you try to make other adjustments such as fan speed, then it knocks it out of Auto mode.

I find it works best left in Auto all the time.

It’s very, very rare that I get any misting. On the odd occasion it happens, I find a quick burst of Max A/C clears it very quickly.
Last edited by Makanik on Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman