Main beam wire - Light bar installation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Buzz Macan

Post by Buzz Macan »

Hi all
Can anyone tell me what colour the main beam wire is in a UK 2015 Macan S Diesel? I want to connect an LED light bar under the number plate and connect to the high beam via a relay switch - any advice gratefully received. Many thanks in advance Buzz.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Why, are you making the Macan into a pimp mobile!
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Buzz Macan

Post by Buzz Macan »

:D not at all, I live in a remote village in Scotland with little or no lights. The risk of hitting a dear is pretty high when you can see where you are going…even higher with the rubbish halogen headlamps.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Buzz Macan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:17 pm :D not at all, I live in a remote village in Scotland with little or no lights. The risk of hitting a dear is pretty high when you can see where you are going…even higher with the rubbish halogen headlamps.
An old dear or a frisky deer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do need great lights the countryside. I happened across a herd if deer in a lane one winter's evening. I stopped in time, but the one nearest did a back kick and broke the lens cover on my Merc estate with adaptive bi-xenon headlights. That cost £1200 for a replacement 10 years ago! Insurance paid less the excess.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Buzz Macan

Post by Buzz Macan »

LOL...a heard of old dears...theyre all over the countryside :)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:43 pm
Buzz Macan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:17 pm :D not at all, I live in a remote village in Scotland with little or no lights. The risk of hitting a dear is pretty high when you can see where you are going…even higher with the rubbish halogen headlamps.
An old dear or a frisky deer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do need great lights in the countryside's B-roads. I happened across a herd of deer in a lane one winter's evening. I stopped in time, but the one nearest did a back kick and broke the lens cover on my Merc estate with adaptive bi-xenon headlights. That cost £1200 for a replacement whole light unit 10 years ago! Insurance paid less the excess.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver